New Twist on Hamburger Meat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ein

Assistant Cook
Alright so I have some hamburger meat. I need something interestesting to fix (spaghetti, meatloaf, etc. has all been done recently). I have noodles and rice as well as a plethora of spices. And I don't hardely have any veggies, so if anyone knows something I can create lemme know!

How about sloppy joes made with onion,garlic, grated carrots mushrooms, ground beef, tomato sauce red wine vinegar, ketchup molasses,Worcestershire,parioka and chili powder and toasted french rolls.
kadesma

Shepard pie!

Wait! what does hardly any vegetables mean? What kind do you have? (please include frozen if you have them)

Last edited:
Shepard pie!

Wait! what does hardly any vegetables mean? What kind do you have? (please include frozen if you have them)

We have a large sack of potatos

Cans of Whole peeled Tomatoes, Baked Beans, Sliced Carrots, French Style Green Beans, Creamed Corn, Tomato Sauce, Black Olives

And then we have Pinto and White beans, but I think they need to be cooked, as they are hard, I don't deal with them much except in a crockpot. :rolleyes:

Mexican Skillet

Cook 6 ounces wide noodles as package directs. Meanwhile, brown 1 pound hamburger in a 12 inch skillet. Add 1 envelope taco seasoning mix and 1/2 water. When this mixture is boiling, add 1 can corn kernels, drained and 1 cup commercial red salsa. Allow to simmer over low heat while noodles finish cooking. When noodles are cooked, drain, then stir into meat mixture. Top with grated cheddar cheese to taste. Cover until cheese melts, then serve. Makes 4 to 6 servings depending on the ages of any children. This is good fresh, but is even better when warmed up the next day and particularly wonderful when eaten for breakfast.

what about chili?

i guess it depends on your spices, but how about spicing the meat middle eastern style, form around a fat skewer or stick and make shish kebab?

Thanks everyone! I ended up combining the hamburger meat with the noodles, adding some mild salsa, half a can of corn, taco seasoning, and lots of cheese, and made a casserole! I call it a "Fiesta Fanfair"!

Thanks everyone! I ended up combining the hamburger meat with the noodles, adding some mild salsa, half a can of corn, taco seasoning, and lots of cheese, and made a casserole! I call it a "Fiesta Fanfair"!
That sounds great! I did something similar using macaroni and canned tomatoes (in addition to the salsa). I didn't have a cute name for mine though! :chef:

:)Barbara

Hamburger

I'm making tacos tonight. Not the ones with all the toppings, although a quick chop through some cheap-o bagged salad would be nice.

1# hamburger
1 chopped onion

Cook together until no longer pink and drain.

Add 1 package taco seasoning mix (no water necessary)
1 can diced stewed tomatoes undrained

Simmer uncovered until most of juices are soaked up or evaporated.

Warm some taco shells or tortillas

Top with shredded cheese

Eat.

If I make it with flour tortillas I roll them up like burritos and toast in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. Just until they "thunk" when you tap them.

Another easy one:

Use the same meat mixture to make a taco meatloaf.

Mix together raw hanburger with dried onion flakes instead of fresh.

Mix the taco seasoning with the diced tomatoes first to permeate the meat with the seasoning so it won't clump up.

As the filler, use crumbled cornbread, plus a couple of eggs to bind it and a handful or two of shredded cheese.

350 for 1 hour. Hint: Check about halfway through to see if you need to pour some of the grease off.

Zhizara:chef:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom