OK, bright ideas time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
In a Christmas present hamper I received a jar of caramelised red and yellow (sweet/bell)peppers. So far we've had them on pizza with mozzarella and other antipasto things from jars and we've had them as a side veg with cold chicken.

Any other suggestions?

(I could eat them straight from the jar as they are so yummy.)

In a Christmas present hamper I received a jar of caramelised red and yellow (sweet/bell)peppers. So far we've had them on pizza with mozzarella and other antipasto things from jars and we've had them as a side veg with cold chicken.

Any other suggestions?

(I could eat them straight from the jar as they are so yummy.)

Chopped with shallots and some balsamic as a bruschetta topping.

By caramelized, do you mean roasted? Or are they sauteed?

You could have them with sauteed onions and pasta, similar to this: Quick Italian Pasta with Rosemary Breadcrumbs | Vegetarian Times

I just made "Christmas Leftover Soup" this morning, with the help of my PC. I took 5 little sweet peppers, a cup-n-a-half of turkey broth (that I'd gotten from a friend), 1 onion, a about five slices each of pepperoni, summer sausage, and very good hard salami. I quartered all of the meat slices, and put them in the pot with everything else. I then added about 3 tbs. pearl barley, and 1/2 tsp. ground thyme, and freshly ground black pepper.

It took me a total of 30 minutes to make this soup. It was just, plain, yummy.

Your peppers would work in the soup as well.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Put them on a roll (like a sour dough roll) with some split and fried Italian sausage, onions and anything else you can fit your mouth over.

I agree with GotGarlic - they're great in pasta dishes. Saute some garlic in olive oil, then heat the peppers, and toss with pasta - serve with Parmigiano Reggiano. Can also use them to make bruschetta, as Andy mentioned.
This is a great soup - I use one yellow and one red pepper:
YELLOW PEPPER SOUP
Yellow Pepper Soup Recipe - Food.com - 22104

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom