One red and one yellow pepper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That reminds me, I'd better take the sausage out of the freezer.

Sausage and peppers, duh. It's been so long since I made this is completely skipped my feeble mind :wacko: Probably because I always use the cheaper green peppers, but yellow and red would set it off nicely, especially with hot sausage :yum:

I'll keep the stuffed peppers in mind, Kades. I've never made those before and have been meaning to.

Sausage and peppers it is. I just need to pick up some decent sub rolls.

You could roast the peppers (w/ garlic) drizzled with olive oil, & serve over pasta with fresh diced tomatoes & fresh herbs. i.e.

Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes and Roasted Peppers Recipe | Simply Recipes

Other ideas:

Stir-frys

Steak & peppers

Home fries w/ peppers & onions

Kebobs - cut the Peppers (& onions) into 2" squares, skewer & grill.

Roasted peppers (for antipasto, Romanesco sauce, etc.)

How to Make Easy Oven-Roasted Peppers - Copywriters' Kitchen

Pizza - Hawaiian, etc.

Gazpacho

Last edited:
I toss those in the freezer. Although, the last bunch I roasted. Hmmm...wonder how they'd freeze after being roasted?
The flavor would still be there if you wanted to use them in a soup or sauce, I would think. They would probably break down quite well. Might even dissolve/incorporate nicely in a cream soup...

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions everybody.
Such a simple thing, but sometimes you draw a blank.

The flavor would still be there if you wanted to use them in a soup or sauce, I would think. They would probably break down quite well. Might even dissolve/incorporate nicely in a cream soup...
That was what I was thinking....I incorporated some roasted ones into the last batch of corn-potato-shrimp chowder I made about 5 minutes before serving. They added a nice layer.

If you buy any more red and yellow peppers you could make an easy chilli relish.

Recipe:

1 large red pepper
1 large yellow pepper
1 large onion
roughly 20 cayenne or jalapeno peppers
1 tsp of paprika
1 level tsp of sea salt
1 tbsp of sugar
1/2 cup of white grape vinegar

Chop both peppers and onion into small dice. Finely chop your chilli peppers. Add them to a pot and just cover with boiling water. Simmer till tender. Add salt, paprika and sugar. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Add vinegar and bring to a boil. Spoon into jars, close lids and turn bottles upside down. Allow to cool and refridgerate till needed.

This is lovely as a condiment for all meat and cold cuts and anything with cheese!

Am I too late?

Pepper steak

img_1243451_0_c33b07f64b5a813b3666956d053da98c.jpg

Pasta with veggie sauce

img_1243451_1_dd7fe5dbfe1a34852a931e5630cbd033.jpg

Or pepper and eggs on dish or a sammie - dice peppers and onion, saute and add eggs.

Do you have enough recipes, Pac? I have a few more if you're in need ... ;) You might want to put colorful bell peppers on your weekly grocery list now, so you can catch up.

Do you have enough recipes, Pac? I have a few more if you're in need ... ;) You might want to put colorful bell peppers on your weekly grocery list now, so you can catch up.

I was going to say, I've got more recipes than bell peppers! :LOL:
One of these days I'll have to try to start a small garden. They are only over ripe green peppers, right? At least the red ones?

not necessarily over ripe. some types are bred to turn red, yellow, or orange fast, while others stay green almost until they rot.

One of these days I'll have to try to start a small garden. They are only over ripe green peppers, right? At least the red ones?

You can keep the seeds from the peppers you buy to plant. I always grow them this way and they grow well.

I find that pepper plants work well mixed in with my perennials, so you don't need a veggie garden. The variety of sweet peppers I plant turn red. I also grow purple, orange, and yellow sweet peppers. If I leave the stems on the peppers (when picked green), they will turn red and not rot. I do find that the other colors (besides green) are sweeter and I like them better.

I don't see the chocolate colored bell peppers often but I would like to try them. Has anyone tried them and are they sweet?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom