One red and one yellow pepper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We always put a couple of bell pepper colors, along with onions and garlic, in our meat sauce for spaghetti. Sometimes I use short pasta and bake it instead.

I just made a rich, tomato based meat sauce , with ground beef, and diced red peppers, and of course, sliced onion, and added it to corkscrew noodles (rotini) to make a variation of American Goulash, like my Dad used to make. The peppers make the meal. They add a flavor dimension that just works with oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary. I didn't add garlic to this one. It was wonderful. I think I posted the recipe a week or so ago.

I love bell peppers roasted, or Q'd, alongside a good pork roast, or mixed in with multiple hot peppers, and diced tomatoes to make home-made salsa.

I just took a pint jar of salsa that I canned last summer, and added a tsp. of ghost pepper powder to it for my cousin, who, like me, loves the hot stuff. The flavor of the red and yellow bell peppers, together with the jalapinos, Anehiem, Cubanells, and habenero peppers, with the onion, a touch of cilantro, a hint of salt, best salsa I think I've ever had. I tasted the before and after addition of the ghost peppers. The addition took that jar of salsa right over the top, in flavor, with just the right amount of heat.

Red, yellow, or orange bell peppers just add that amazing flavor to almost everything they touch. But I don't think I'll be adding them to my pancakes.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom