"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > I only have "these" ingredients...help me be creative

Old 12-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Pineapple, yogurt, and...

Need to use up my chopped pineapples chunks. I was thinking as like a mid-morning snack use them with plain yogurt....and you fill in the blanks with what you think might be in my (the average) cupboard, fridge &/or spice rack. Please remember, I would like for it to be something fitting for a quickie cold breakfast or mid-morning snack.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicacarr View Post
Need to use up my chopped pineapples chunks. I was thinking as like a mid-morning snack use them with plain yogurt....and you fill in the blanks with what you think might be in my (the average) cupboard, fridge &/or spice rack. Please remember, I would like for it to be something fitting for a quickie cold breakfast or mid-morning snack.
I'd put it in my blender for my grandkids, along with the yogurt,a half of a banana,some frozen strawberries and either a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some milk to make it not so thick. They all love it.
kadesma

Old 12-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I'd put it in my blender for my grandkids, along with the yogurt,a half of a banana,some frozen strawberries and either a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some milk to make it not so thick. They all love it.
kadesma
yum!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Everymom

Throw the pineapple and yogurt together with some granola. Muesli with a twist.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
Executive Chef

I like toasted cheese and pineapple sandwiches. I need protein for brekky. The yoghurt I would take to the office with me for morning tea.

But personally, I would be using these ingredients as accessories to my dinner instead - pineapple salsa (with chopped red onion and tomatoes and all the relevant herbs and spices) and use the yoghurt to make beetroot tzaziki or the normal variety. Or use the yoghurt as part of a marinage for chicken. But that's just me.

Oh and I love Kadesma's smoothie!!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
Senior Cook

salsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
I like toasted cheese and pineapple sandwiches. I need protein for brekky. The yoghurt I would take to the office with me for morning tea.

But personally, I would be using these ingredients as accessories to my dinner instead - pineapple salsa (with chopped red onion and tomatoes and all the relevant herbs and spices) and use the yoghurt to make beetroot tzaziki or the normal variety. Or use the yoghurt as part of a marinage for chicken. But that's just me.

Oh and I love Kadesma's smoothie!!

I like your pineapple salsa idea..its a very versatile and easy to make dish
Old 12-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican mama View Post
I like your pineapple salsa idea..its a very versatile and easy to make dish
Can't say that mine ever looked as great as your photo though!! Makes me want to open a can of pineapple now!!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
Senior Cook

photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
Can't say that mine ever looked as great as your photo though!! Makes me want to open a can of pineapple now!!
I would like to claim it's my photo but sadly I cant..;0Me want to open some pineapple and make some salsa but is to lazy to do it
Old 12-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #9
Master Chef

I keep an assortment of Jello and instant puddings (sugar free, for me) in my pantry for this sort of thing.
Try this: Drain pineapple and reserve juice for another use. Beat a packet of Jello (any flavor) into the yogurt, then fold in pineapple.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicacarr View Post
Grapenuts cereal... just stir into the yogurt with the fruit.. tasty!!!