Join Date: Nov 2012
1. Finally this thread is in the right place. Sorry for the initial movement around.
2. Any ideas for tonight? I am going to render duck fat with one of the ducks later this week probably so I'm not going to use the ducks just yet.
I feel like eating the beef tongue or the pork belly. Ideas? :)
3. I told my butcher I am going to make (설렁탕) sullungtang. I gave him $20 and he gave me the below:
View image: DSC 0001
View image: DSC 0002
View image: DSC 0003
- I think the first pic is cow's feet. I am not sure what the second and third pics are. Ideas?
- Also, if there are some Koreans among us who know how to make sullungtang then I would love to chat about it. I see some recipes here:
Everything I have:
eggs, spoiled milk, smart balance butter, “regular” butter, mayonnaise, mustard, quinoa, honey, red pepper paste 고초장, orange 1, anchovy seasoning 멸치다시다, grey poupon sauce, 357 magnum hot sauce (very hot), ketchup, grape jelly, pure maple syrup, ginger, 1 opened pack of 'bacon ends & pieces', white rice,
eel, cheese 4 slices, bile, beef tongue, tripe, Philippine beetles, whole tilapia 1, pork belly, 2 whole ducks, 1 pack of 'bacon ends & pieces', ground pork (50% fat/ 50% meat), a bag of pig hocks,
laying on counter:
beef suet (oil from beef fat), lard (oil from pig fat), red wine ‘menage a trois’, organic sugar
baking powder, cornstarch, oats, onion powder, polenta, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, canned sardines, pine nuts, chicken broth, salsa, tomato sauce 2 cans, garbanzo beans 1 can, coconut milk 1 can, bbq sauce, self rising cornmeal mix, white whole wheat flour, corn masa flour, pure can sugar dark brown (brown sugar), blue corn meal, bourbon, dry gin, chili 15 bean soup dry beans, shrimp bouillon cubes, beef bouillon cubes, chicken bouillon cubes, extra virgin olive oil, course ground malabar black pepper, light corn syrup, pepper supreme (mix of 4 peppers), garlic powder, garlic salt, garam masala, grill mates 5 fiery pepper seasoning, ginisang bagoong, hawaiian kiawe smoke sea salt, gourmet garlic sea salt,
ground ginger, ground red pepper (cayenne pepper), ground turmeric, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground mustard, seasoning salt, thyme, rosemary, whole black peppercorns, whole roasted sesame seeds, steak seasoning, dried red peppers, pure vanilla extract, seasoned salt, sage powder, chili powder, grill mates spicy Montreal steak seasoning, paprika, dill weed, cloves powder, basil leaves, oregano leaves, bay leaves, curry powder, soy sauce, fish sauce, teriyaki souce, white vinegar, liquid aminos braggs, red pepper powder