Roasted turkey and ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
I have some roasted turkey (1/4th of one), thawing on the counter for dinner tonight.
I have potatoes, carrots, rice, pasta, onions, grapes, oranges, spices/herbs, sour cream, milk, cheeses, normal pantry stuff, canned foods, frozen pea pods/beans/peppers/zucchini/beets, and probably more things.

What can I make from the turkey? (we are all hammed out, pork loined out, fished out)

I agree w/4me and Aunt Bea. Another idea might be something like a shepards pie, but that is very similar to pot pie, too.

Soup is another idea, w/dumplings.

How about turkey enchiladas? You have the sour cream and cheese. Enchiladas would be a taste quite removed from what you described as what you are "out" over. If you don't have tortillas, perhaps you could create some sort of Tex-Mex dish that would satisfy.

I have some roasted turkey (1/4th of one), thawing on the counter for dinner tonight.
I have potatoes, carrots, rice, pasta, onions, grapes, oranges, spices/herbs, sour cream, milk, cheeses, normal pantry stuff, canned foods, frozen pea pods/beans/peppers/zucchini/beets, and probably more things.

What can I make from the turkey? (we are all hammed out, pork loined out, fished out)
How about turkey enchallades with a green sauce?
kadesma

All good ideas. I'm going to make a turkey pot pie, with the mashed potatoes on top. Carrots, onions, celery, garlic, S&P, velvety white sauce.

The Kentucky Hot Brown sounds amazing. Salad, yum.
I love the green sauce idea and enchiladas idea, but, I'm having trouble making the green sauce taste good.
I roasted the tomatillas and processed them and froze them in containers in the freezer--and I have at least 6 pints. They seem a little too sour when I tried to make a green sauce. I need a new recipe for that.

All good ideas. I'm going to make a turkey pot pie, with the mashed potatoes on top. Carrots, onions, celery, garlic, S&P, velvety white sauce.

The Kentucky Hot Brown sounds amazing. Salad, yum.
I love the green sauce idea and enchiladas idea, but, I'm having trouble making the green sauce taste good.
I roasted the tomatillas and processed them and froze them in containers in the freezer--and I have at least 6 pints. They seem a little too sour when I tried to make a green sauce. I need a new recipe for that.
blissful did you add any sauteed onion? ahow about mild diced green chilies oragano cuminor chicken broth? I use these things in my tomatillo sauce I do use the cAnned tomatillos and find that they are tart so I dont use to much. The sauce is my favorite. If you would like it I'll post for yo.
kades

Sweet peas!

blissful did you add any sauteed onion? ahow about mild diced green chilies oragano cuminor chicken broth? I use these things in my tomatillo sauce I do use the cAnned tomatillos and find that they are tart so I dont use to much. The sauce is my favorite. If you would like it I'll post for yo.
kades

Yes please. :)

i know i'm late, but as soon as i saw the grapes i thought north african. lots if veggies, bone in chicken, fruit, strong spices and herbs, in a tagine (braiser/steamer) if possible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom