Salmon, tomato, spinach ginger, garlic, no oil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shafi1248

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, first post.

I'd like to learn a dish that I can make about once a week, and that looks nice so I can serve it to guests. The thing is, I have specific nutrition goals for the meal, so I want to use the natural oils in the salmon to cook things, even if that's not how it's usually done.

The trouble is I'm not sure how to combine them to best cook everything evenly without burning it, and draw out the flavor and maintain presentation. Here's some info about how I do it now.

*Ingredients*
-Salmon Fillet
-Spinach
-Tomato
-Garlic
-Ginger
-Pepper
-Lime

*Equipment*
-Nonstick pan (might be a bit scratched, and have some residue)
-No Oil

*Current method*
1. Place salmon in cold pan, skin side down on medium heat, cover.
2. After Salmon starts to release oil, add crushed garlic cloves and chopped ginger.
3. As the pan becomes hot, add water to avoid burning. Salmon skin is usually sticking at this point.
4. Wait a little bit and flip the salmon, add tomato
5. Wait a Bit
6. Remove meal from pan, add spinach and water and steam for 30s
7. Place next to salmon and season with pepper and lime.

Does anyone have advice for how to combine the ingredients properly, and cook the salmon with its own oil and still get nice color, without buring the other vegetables? Other tips and ideas are welcome. Thanks very much.

Preheat your oven/toaster oven to 400ºF. Using heavy duty aluminum foil or a double layer of regular foil, create a packet large enough to wrap up all the ingredients with some extra space. Arrange the ingredients in the enter of the foil with the salmon on top with a slice or two of lime. Fold up the foil to create a completely closed packet, leaving some air space above the fish (an inch or so). Place the packet on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom