Suggestions for tonight??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
I have a fridge and freezer full of food - and today I'm just blank - I don't know what to cook for supper... :ermm: and it's noon already here...

Dairy Dept:
Creme Fraiche, Mascarpone, lots of cheeses​
Vegies - oldest & most fragile first:
1 Zucchini, pkg Spinnach, couple of small mushrooms, then - Cauliflower Carrots, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Fennel,​
also have:
Lettuce, Green Onions, Radishes, Celery, 1/3 English cuke, and Mange Tout Sprouts​
Meats - all frozen (but individual servings so easy to defrost):
Chicken, either breasts or thighs, Pork Loin, sliced in various thickness, Shrimp, Scallops​
I also have some mussels, cooked and frozen that I have no idea what to do with - I'm afraid of making them tough.

so.... suggestions????

Marinate and grill some shrimp and scallops en brochette (or on skewers). Make a spinach and mushroom salad. Cheese plate and some wine for dessert.

Last edited:
NOW what happened??? I can't believe this... I know if you clic on it - it takes you to the pic. but why is it not opened here!

Do you mean your pic of your seafood? I see it. I'm on the mobile app; this is the way pix always appear to me.

Sounds like a wonderful dinner, btw. You could make a nice seafood sauce with créme frâiche, lemon and parsley.

Last edited:
It's probably too late for tonight's dinner :), but the next time you prepare frozen scallops, make sure you wrap them in paper towels and try to blot as much water out of them as you can before cooking. The less moisture they have, the better they grill/pan sear.

Looking forward to hearing about your seafood dinner, dragnlaw! :chef:

dragnlaw, I could see the image on my cellphone (or was it my tablet? :huh: ), but I have to click the link in the post when I'm on my laptop. Hope this helps you figure out what went off-kilter.

Nice big scallops, BTW. :yum:

It's probably too late for tonight's dinner :), but the next time you prepare frozen scallops, make sure you wrap them in paper towels and try to blot as much water out of them as you can before cooking. The less moisture they have, the better they grill/pan sear.

Looking forward to hearing about your seafood dinner, dragnlaw! :chef:

It's tough to thoroughly dry marinated seafood, though. That's why I typically don't marinate it; I just add seasonings and/or make a flavorful sauce.

Oh, I didn't see where she marinated them. I just saw where she was looking for marinades. Yes, I wouldn't try to dry marinated scallops, either. :) I love them dry as possible, then pan seared or grilled to get that nice crust, then topped with a little butter and s and p. :yum: But there are so many ways to enjoy those little darlings. YUM

Oh, I didn't see where she marinated them. I just saw where she was looking for marinades. Yes, I wouldn't try to dry marinated scallops, either. :) I love them dry as possible, then pan seared or grilled to get that nice crust, then topped with a little butter and s and p. :yum: But there are so many ways to enjoy those little darlings. YUM

I was assuming since she was looking that that's what she did, but I could be wrong :)

Yeah, seared nice and brown is my favorite way to enjoy them, too :yum:

I can see that I'm going to be looking up seafood thread ideas here in the next day or two. :ohmy::yum::LOL:

Last edited:
I can see that I'm going to be looking up seafood thread ideas here in the next day or two. :ohmy::yum::LOL:

and I have a few of them!

So I have downloaded all my pics.

I had never used this marinade before but MAN - this is first class - Company coming - Summer perfect - light and fresh!

Yes, I always dry my frozen 'whatever's' before frying, but reminders are never amiss!

This marinade consists of almost all the common citrus family. Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon (oops no lime) a tiny bit of soy, OO, balsamic vinegar, and pink peppercorns. (I added a tiny pinch of pepperocini)

So I also added some (pink) grapefruit and orange sections to the plate - perfect touch, ahem :angel:

The marinade recipe was for 1 lb. of scallops. I made the entire amount even thou I was only doing a serving for one. (I'll find something for it hopefully) It was too difficult to try to scale it down.
52144-albums1052-picture6650.jpg

that's a shrimp, scallop, 2 shrimp, broken scallop, shrimp
I only had 3 scallops and one was broken....

Baste with the marinade, flip and baste again.

Plate with mushroom slices, citrus sections, shrimp 'n scallops, drizzle with some extra marinade...
52144-albums1052-picture6647.jpg

and .... BURP
52144-albums1052-picture6646.jpg

Back
Top Bottom