Too many bananas about to go bad....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
what can I make with them? I will need to do them within the next 24 hours or else they will be bad. I have already made banana bread and still have some left over.

Any suggestions?

freeze some to make smoothies

another thing i made a few years ago was a few frozen bananas + a little lemon juice ( and maybe something else). Then put into a food prcessor and it came out the same consistency as a banana ice cream ( and u need to use over ripe bananas for this) Im not sure f i could find the exact recipe online, but i remember it was very good and easy.

I just read somwhere that u can also push frozen bananas through a juicer and the result will be a banana sorbet ( never tried it though, i dont have a juicer)

muffins, freeze for a later loaf, cake, or batch of muffins. Smoothies for sure. Fritters (banana pancakes) a Thai curry with coconut milk and banana, as well as veggies, hot curry spices, over rice...really good. Homemade banana ice cream.

One of our area grocery stores regularly sells 10-pound bags of bananas "on the edge" for less than a dollar. I always buy a bag. I peel the bananas and store them (3 bananas at a time) in Tupperware containers and freeze. I use them in breads, muffins, pancakes, etc. I've discovered that the frozen bananas seem to be sweeter. For baking, I much prefer frozen bananas.

One of our area grocery stores regularly sells 10-pound bags of bananas "on the edge" for less than a dollar. I always buy a bag. I peel the bananas and store them (3 bananas at a time) in Tupperware containers and freeze. I use them in breads, muffins, pancakes, etc. I've discovered that the frozen bananas seem to be sweeter. For baking, I much prefer frozen bananas.

Now that's handy to know, thanks!

Make cookies?
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup mixed dried fruit (any kind/mixture you like, chopped and pitted if necessary)
*some ideas: dried apricots, dates, raisins, dried cranberries, dried apples
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup vegetable
1 tsp. vanilla

1. Mash bananas in a large bowl
  2. Stir in the remaining ingredients
  3. Mix well and allow to sit for 10 minutes
  4. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
  5. Bake in a pre-heated 350 F oven for 20-25 minutes or lightly brown

Make cookies?
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup mixed dried fruit (any kind/mixture you like, chopped and pitted if necessary)
*some ideas: dried apricots, dates, raisins, dried cranberries, dried apples
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup vegetable
1 tsp. vanilla
  1. Mash bananas in a large bowl
  2. Stir in the remaining ingredients
  3. Mix well and allow to sit for 10 minutes
  4. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
  5. Bake in a pre-heated 350 F oven for 20-25 minutes or lightly brown

Make Mav hungry?
:LOL:
Those sound great, thanks for the recipe!

All terrific suggestions, but when I opened them they had gone rotten on the inside.

I never buy bananas when they are yellow, always as green as I can. Nick picked them out this time though and they were yellow.. so they went bad alot faster than I was used to.

It's not that I buy too much. I had some cream left over from creme brulees, and the bananas.. well.. *points to Nick*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom