Truffle Jack Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeni78

Senior Cook
Okay so I was at a cheese shop in Wisconsin yesterday and found Truffle Jack Cheese. It's made with black truffles. I have never used truffles for cooking and never had I seen truffle cheese.

So I bought some. Wow, what a poignant cheese. Not really something you just eat...or maybe if you do it's in really small amounts? I don't really like it. So, I was thinking I could cook with it.

Ideas?

Okay so I was at a cheese shop in Wisconsin yesterday and found Truffle Jack Cheese. It's made with black truffles. I have never used truffles for cooking and never had I seen truffle cheese.

So I bought some. Wow, what a poignant cheese. Not really something you just eat...or maybe if you do it's in really small amounts? I don't really like it. So, I was thinking I could cook with it.

Ideas?

I'm thinking you mean "pungent." And yes truffles are pungent. They have a deep, earthy taste and some people don't like it. Me, I love it and will eat anything made with truffles. I don't see why you couldn't use this cheese to cook with if you like the taste, and, you can google recipes by searching "truffle cheese recipes.?

Whole Foods carries truffle cheese if anyone is interested. Not cheap.

Yes, pungent. I always thought of myself as someone who liked truffles. I think perhaps they are meant to be used in small amounts. I made mac n cheese for lunch and grated some of the truffle cheese into it and it's really good.

What else can you do with it though?

Yes, pungent. I always thought of myself as someone who liked truffles. I think perhaps they are meant to be used in small amounts. I made mac n cheese for lunch and grated some of the truffle cheese into it and it's really good.

What else can you do with it though?

If you liked the mac & cheese, try shredding some over plain pasta, just olive oil, garlic and truffle cheese.

Make a grilled cheese sandwich using swiss, and the truffle jack cheese on plain artisan bread. I would go with sour dough and would pair the truffle cheese with a plain cheese such as swiss, havarti or muenster so as not to create too many flavors. Let the truffle flavor shine on this one.

I would definitely consider melting this over a good hamburger.

Serve it in cubes with other cheeses, on a platter with nuts and fruits for an appetizer. A glass of Chardonay or Riesling would be perfect with this.

Invite me over.

Back
Top Bottom