What to do with sun-dried tomatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sure does, Quicksilver. I have a pound of good Italian sweet sausage. Now I know what I'm going to do with it. I also have some good mozzarella. You made my day.

Thanks. I think so. The tang of the tomatoes and wine and the smoothness of the cream and richness of the sausage just seem to pair well. Feedback welcome.

i put about a 1/2c of sun dried tomatoes in my brushetta.

some roma tomatoes
sun dried tomatoes
basil
olive oil
garlic
balsamic vinegar
s & p

let is sit overnight in the fridge. people love it

As for your sundried tomatoes - I wish I had too many! I made a sandwich the other day for us that used a sundried tomato pesto sauce (Trader Joe's stuff - yum) but you could use rehydrated s.d. tomatoes instead. I chopped finely the following: Zucchini squash, half a red onion, about 6 arthichoke hearts (the marinated ones from CostC0) black olives, a large red bell pepper and grated a big carrot. Sauteed it all in olive oil with some of the artichoke "juice" from the jar too, along with a big handful of pine nuts. Since it insists on snowing still (this is almost May! eek) my herb plants are in the kitchen, so I pinched off a couple lemon thyme sprigs, 4 or 5 rosemary leaves and a couple sage leaves, chopped them up tiny and added them during the cooking. When everything is done (the squash was the slow poke in the skillet) I let it cool a bit then mixed it up with crumbled sundried tomato feta. We loved it on sourdough, but foccacia would be awesome-r! (We live too far from a store to just have neat stuff like that on hand, so we use lots of sourdough.)

Hi, my name is gadzooks, and I'm new here. I make my own sdt, and usually stuff a few 1 qt. mason jars full, add a couple of bruised garlic cloves and some fennel seed and add virgin olive oil to cover. Back of fridge 'til picnic or potluck, and serve with some crusty bread. No matter what you do with sdt, the only thing you can do wrong is not eat them.

Thank you for the warm welcome...I'm new here, and trying not to sound too...stupid in the company of so many clearly good cooks.

hey gadzooks! I'm also a newby. Welcome. This place has been really fun - I've found several good ideas. As for sdt's, throw a bunch in pasta salad - YUM!

I'm new here too :) I suggest you blend your SDTs with whipped cream cheese, basil, and olive oil and serve as a dip or as a spread on bread. Or just mix the stuff right into pasta :P

I love SDT!!! They are great cooked with rice and bulgar wheat. I also add them when I am cooking chick peas and goes well with chicken dishes too.

Back
Top Bottom