What would you add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Hello,

I plan on doing a pan frying 2 pieces of chicken cutlets and I plan on adding chopped onions, green peppers, garlic and a can of chopped tomatoes with the juice + salt / pepper. I'm thinking that probably I can add something extra but I'm not sure what else.

I'm wondering what else can be added to this chicken / sauce?

Last edited:
I'd add mushrooms, oregano, a touch of balsamic or sherry vinegar.... :)

I don't have mushrooms/sherry vinegar but I do have oregano a balsamic.

Mozzarella, provolone, olives or prosciutto?

I have shredded mozzarella cheese. Would this be after or during cooking?

I was thinking cheese also. Extra sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack or feta would also work, melted on top.

Don't have any of those cheeses :(

Got any booze? White wine, vermouth.

I have about 1/2 cup of bourbon.

Not sure how it would work with the peppers in there but I make something similar but with black olives not green peppers and I add some lemon zest and then a squeeze of fresh lemon juice just before plating and serving.

I would use thyme instead of oregano. The lemon sounds like a good addition.

Save the bourbon for drinking.

I agree.

Julio, you really need some wine in your pantry for next time. If you don't drink wine, you can buy "six packs" of small bottles of both white and red.
To me, this dish needs deglazing the pan with some wine after you remove the cutlets to make the sauce. Some of the other additions sound great, but you really need the wine, imo.

I agree.

Julio, you really need some wine in your pantry for next time. If you don't drink wine, you can buy "six packs" of small bottles of both white and red.
To me, this dish needs deglazing the pan with some wine after you remove the cutlets to make the sauce. Some of the other additions sound great, but you really need the wine, imo.
Vermouth works well for this. It lasts forever when stored in a cool dark place.

Hello,

I plan on doing a pan frying 2 pieces of chicken cutlets and I plan on adding chopped onions, green peppers, garlic and a can of chopped tomatoes with the juice + salt / pepper. I'm thinking that probably I can add something extra but I'm not sure what else.

I'm wondering what else can be added to this chicken / sauce?

I know it's a little late and there are several directions you can go with the ingredients you already have. That combination speaks Spanish to me though. Sherry, green olives, capers and a pinch of saffron.;) Serve over white rice. You could also start by rendering some chorizo and use the fat to brown your cutlets and saute the vegis, then add the crispy chorizo back at the end of cooking.

Craig

I'm thinking some Chanterelles, sauteed in butter before adding to the sauce. Pour both the mushrooms, and butter into the sauce.

Another addition that might work could be a sprinkling of any of the Italian hard cheeses, such as Asiago, Pecorino-Romano, and of course, Parmesano-Regiano.

If you want to go in a different direction, you might add brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, and a bit of liquid smoke to turn it into a chicken with bbq sauce kind of dish.

Of course this would be for the next time you made it.;)

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

If you buy vermouth make sure it is the white not the red which is sweet. I was going to suggest capers, as well and to leave out the tomatoes. Love to know what you did do with the chicken.

Back
Top Bottom