Beer vs non-alcoholic beer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Completely enough..." :huh:

The issue is not 'getting drunk' or 'not getting drunk'.

If your reason for avoiding alcohol is religious, zero is the only acceptable amount. Same if you are an alcoholic. It's not a physiological issue.

It wouldn't matter for beer can chicken as none of the alcohol is going to be absorbed into the chicken anyway. Unless you add some aromatic herbs, all you are really doing is steaming it from the inside while roasting it from the outside. The steam just helps it cook more evenly.

It wouldn't matter for beer can chicken as none of the alcohol is going to be absorbed into the chicken anyway. Unless you add some aromatic herbs, all you are really doing is steaming it from the inside while roasting it from the outside. The steam just helps it cook more evenly.

Yep, I always pour some of the beer in the bottom of the pan, and add several cloves of smashed garlic into the can and around the pan. The garlic flavor is infused into the meat by way of steam for sure. I've never tried it with a can of water however. As I mentioned before, I think it helps to plug up the neck hole and I do that with half a lemon. I have a lemon tree, but it could be done with a wad of foil. It turns out perfect every time at 400 degrees in the oven, and the "convection roast" setting is perfect if available.

Back
Top Bottom