Beer vs non-alcoholic beer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks TATTRAT, I don't drink so wasn't sure, but your reply makes sense. I just hate to buy real beer, for the little i would use it.

Thanks TATTRAT, I don't drink so wasn't sure, but your reply makes sense. I just hate to buy real beer, for the little i would use it.

I'm sure that if you tried real hard, you could find someone to drink your leftover beer.:)

Also, with so many great microbrews, more places than not offer single bottles for sale, so you wouldn't have to commit to a whole 6 pack or whatnot.

There is no substitute for real beer. Anything else is bad tasting soda pop!

Trader Joe's also sells single bottles. Nothing beats the real deal for cooking.

It can't be used where beer is being used for the alcohol (dissolves flavor compounds).

Personally, I think it tastes bad so I would not use it.

Every liquor store around here sells singles.

This is true. Pennsylvania and Ontario have some of the strangest liquor laws.

Callmaker, is there a friend or neighbor from whom you could bum a beer?

Last edited:
The only time I cook with beer is for beer can chicken so we buy a cheap six pack for that and keep it in the garage. I don't like the flavor of ordinary beer for drinking, but there are a couple of local IPA's that have changed my mind. They are too expensive imo for beer can chicken however.

The only time I cook with beer is for beer can chicken so we buy a cheap six pack for that and keep it in the garage. I don't like the flavor of ordinary beer for drinking, but there are a couple of local IPA's that have changed my mind. They are too expensive imo for beer can chicken however.
I have to ask. What is beer can chicken?

I don't like any kind of beer so I use white wine and herbs instead and call it wine-butt chicken. I think I got the name from Katie.

Here you go MC. I love this video. It's fast become all the rage in the US for cooking chicken on the grill, but I do it in the oven also. EXCELLENT chicken.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...a&sigb=1333uipoj&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

An extra thing I do with mine is plug up the neck hole with half a lemon secured under the neck skin with toothpicks.
Aha! Thanks, Kayelle. Does the beer flavour the chicken or just create steam to keep the chicken moist?

It might be for you but over here the weather is too unreliable to be able to cook a chicken on the grill for an hour and a half :rolleyes:

MC, since I have a gas grill (without the flavor of charcoal) I really find it no different when I do one in the oven on a pie plate. It's really the only way I roast chicken anymore.

Back
Top Bottom