I read the recipes and scratched my head some then made the most awesome brownies. I combined the best part of several recipes. Here's what I made:
Absolutely Awesome Brownies!
Yield: 16 brownies
Oven: 350 F
6 squares of semi-sweet chocolatePrep:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2/3 Cup packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 drops of almond extract
2 large eggs
1 Cup all purpose flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 C walnuts, chopped
1. Butter and line an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan (use waxed paper or parchment).
2. Melt chocolate bars and butter in double boiler or microwave, stirring till smooth and then cool to room temp.
3. Stir the brown sugar and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Add the eggs and mix well.
4. Measure flour baking powder and salt onto a piece of waxed paper. Slowly fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, mixing well until blended. Stir in the nuts and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 22 - 25 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
While you're waiting for them to cool enough to cut, you can clean the SINGLE bowl you got dirty, ice down the milk and figure out which trashy movie to watch.