Egg nog as a substitute

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAJ

Senior Cook
During the holidays, I have eggnog on hand. When I have extra, I use it as liquid in my muffins, banana and fruit breads and cakes. It works great! Very moist result and tasty. And, I dont have to waste any leftover eggnog.

During the holidays, I have eggnog on hand. When I have extra, I use it as liquid in my muffins, banana and fruit breads and cakes. It works great! Very moist result and tasty. And, I dont have to waste any leftover eggnog.

I'll bet it would be wonderful to make French toast too.:chef:

French Toast sounds great, as well. I marinade my bread overnight in a caramel sauce. French Toast casserole. Thanks for the idea on eggnog on that.

French Toast sounds great, as well. I marinade my bread overnight in a caramel sauce. French Toast casserole. Thanks for the idea on eggnog on that.

You're welcome, and welcome to DC. This is exactly why DC is so great. You post one idea and get back others.

Your French toast casserole sounds yummy.

I use eggnog to make french toast all of the time. We love it. It is really good using Hawaiian Sweet bread dipped in the eggnog. Some people think it is a bit sweet, but we just keep eating it and we get sweeter all of the time. :LOL:

Hawaiian sweet bread is great! I use Challah bread or sourdough usually. Guests love it.

This would be a great idea if I ever had any leftover eggnog....which I don't. :LOL:

But I will keep these excellent suggestions in mind should this unlikely scenario ever present itself to me!
img_970268_0_16ce5209c689f776ab35f448216ffda0.gif

I never liked eggnog but found Southern Comfort brand (no alcohol). I like to drink a bit of that and use the cheap stuff for baking. ha

I actually made an eggnog bread with pineapples and cherries. It was delicious. And, guests loved it!

Egg nog is also great in a boxed cheesecake mix as well as boxed puddings.

I never thought of that but sounds great. (Of course I make cheesecake from scratch-whay box??? ha ha ) But, I do use pudding mixes. Too bad I only have chocolate cake tonight for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom