Kale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chard and mustard greens work well. But as someone else said, kale is usually really easy to find--it's usually in the same spot they have the rhubarb, the leeks, and other such "specialty" veggies

turnip or collard greens would work...Kale is rare to find in Houston..they grow it as an ornamental winter plant here..lol I love kale ..grew up eating in W.Va. Its very good for you.

Any green leef that has a "firmness" about it's leaf will suffice. I would opt for spinach or silverbeet. I would think collard greens would be good too but I have never seen them on sale in Perth so don't know what they taste like, only know about them from what I have read.

if not carried fresh, you may find it frozen and kale stands up well to freezing. But any dark leafy green will work. Chard and spinach are a biit milder, real turnip tops are also very mild as are beet greens. Collards are firmer and need a blanche, and mustard greens are very strong and I think also need a nice dunk in boiling salted water.

gotta love those great greens!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom