Need help quick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doe in the kitchen

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone,
I have a question about a recipe. I found a coconut chicken recipe and it sounds great however I was wondering what I could use to really give it flavor? And to make sure that it isn't dry. I was wondering can I use Coconut syrup? I was wondering if I can use it in either the sauce or a marinade? I also have pineapple and Panko breadcrumbs.So what do you al think? Can I use a coconut syrup?

Hello everyone,
I have a question about a recipe. I found a coconut chicken recipe and it sounds great however I was wondering what I could use to really give it flavor? And to make sure that it isn't dry. I was wondering can I use Coconut syrup? I was wondering if I can use it in either the sauce or a marinade? I also have pineapple and Panko breadcrumbs.So what do you al think? Can I use a coconut syrup?

Tell us more about the recipe. Coconut syrup is very sweet, no?

Hello everyone,

I wouldn't use the syrup as the coconut in the breading will give it plenty of coconut flavor. The key to juicy chicken is to not overcook it. And use chicken pieces, with the skin and bone (ok, you can remove the skin if you have to, but use it for making broths and such). Place three dipping bowls onto your prep table or counter-top. Fill the first one with a cup of flour. Fill the next with two eggs beaten with a cup of milk. Fill the third with your mixture of seasoned flour, panko bread crumbs, and shredded coconut.

Preheat your oven to 350' F. Get your frying pan filled with three inches of high-temp cooking oil, and heating over medium-high heat. Dredge chicken pieces first in the plain flour, (the flour will stick to the chicken, and form a paste when dipped in the egg wash that will allow the final coating to stick to teh chicken pieces) then egg wash, and finally in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the uncooked pieces onto a wire cooling rack for five minutes or so to let the coating dry to the chicken pieces.

Place two to three pieces of chicken in the hot oil and cook on each side until lightly browned. Transfer to a foil-lined jelly-role (cookie sheet with small sides) and place into the oven when the sheet is filled. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and serve. This chicken will squirt you when you bite it.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Can you post the recipe you would like to use? That will help us to give you some ideas.

Use Coconut oil when browning the chicken as Chief suggested. A friend sauteed mushrooms in coconut oil the other night.
I meant, bread the chicken as Chief suggested, brown in a bit of coconut oil, and finish in the oven. At the price of coconut oil, I don't think I'd want to use 3" of it for anything!:LOL: But, you could add some to the oil if you opted to follow Chief's "recipe."

Hello everyone,
If you want to make it more coconut-y you could add coconut milk powder or the block coconut cream dissolved in a little hot chicken stock or water

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom