Peanut butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yue

Assistant Cook
How can I replace it for another ingredient? I don't have much at home and I wanted to make some chocolate chips :/ the recipe says its needed

are you making chocolate chip cookies or chocolate chips?
One could replace it with margarine or shortening if making cookies.

What exactly are you trying to make? Can you post the recipe? You say you are making chocolate chips, but those are made from chocolate, not peanut butter.

Ingredients
68g butter, such as Kerrygold, softened
53g caster sugar
60g dark brown sugar
1 egg
125g smooth peanut butter
125g flour
½ tsp baking powder
88g small dark chocolate chips
Conversion Calculator
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a good sized baking sheet with greaseproof paper.

2. Take the softened butter and place it into the bowl of an electric mixer, with the paddle or beater blade attached. Cream the butter together with both types of sugar until it becomes light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well to ensure that it is well incorporated, turn the machine off and add the peanut butter, mix well.

3. Sift together the baking powder and the flour and then carefully fold this into the mixture, do this on the lowest speed setting or by hand, so as not to cover your kitchen in a cloud of flour.

4. When all the flour has been added stir in the chocolate drops, you should now have quite a firm dough which is easy to handle.

5. Remove from the bowl and roll the mixture between your hands to create balls which can then be placed onto the baking sheet. The cookies can be as big or as small as you like but remember that the mixture will spread out whilst cooking so do not put them too close together.

6. If you are making the cookies for Easter, this mixture is very easy to handle and can be rolled out with a rolling pin and then cut into different shapes - Easter bunnies, chicks or eggs for example.

7. Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes or until just golden brown but the centre is still a little gooey. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the trays. For Easter cookies, decorate with coloured icing and then serve.

kerrygold.co.uk

I guess I would have replaced it with a solid fat item, like shortening or butter. Let us know how they turn out!

I would not think evoo would be a good replacement. Aside from the consistency difference, do you really want cookies that taste like olives?

again, I would substitute a solid fat with a solid fat...
so, certainly they have come out of the oven by now, right? How are they?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom