"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Substitutions

Old 11-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Recipe Substitution Chart

Hi all - There's a recipe substitution chart of the Scott Common Sense web page that I thought may come in handy. I can't post the link since I'm still new to the forums - but I'm also new to cooking and found this really helpful. I don't have nearly enough cooking ingredients yet, beyond the ingredients for PB&J and some pasta - I think this is really helpful. Also, it's a nice shopping guide!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Sous Chef

First and foremost welcome to DC!!!! Thank you for the info...I am still new to the cooking world as well and I amsure I will need to use it!!!

Old 11-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

Thanks Mrs. Cuillo! I look forward to chatting with you about our cooking adventures in the future.

The chart I mentioned will hopefully come in handy for you - and actually that Scott website has a lot of cool tools for around the kitchen. I found a recipe for "spinach balls" that I'm going to help my mom make around Christmas (she does all the holiday cooking, thank goodness). I again can't post the link, and I won't post the whole recipe here since there's a seperate thread for recipes, but this sentence on the recipe is what intrigued me: "Even the spinach haters in the room will adore this dish! We did not have a single one of these left and they are the perfect addition to your holiday table or even just a board game night with your friends!"