Short 1/4 cup veg oil can I use olive oil in dough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks guys, I ran to the store real quick didn't get a response quick enough, but I'm really glad to know this for the future,

thanks

thanks guys, I ran to the store real quick didn't get a response quick enough, but I'm really glad to know this for the future,
thanks

You posted your question at 6:22pm - suziquzie responded at 6:26pm, Katie E at 6:28pm, AMSeccia at 6:49pm.

Humm ... how quickly do you expect a response?

I was gonna that ask that myself......
Hey, when ya gotta have oil ya gotta have oil I guess! :)

I had to double check the post times this morning. Last night when I read this I thought how nice it was that you can get an answer so quickly here.

I guess I'm a little late, here, but I agree that olive oil is wonderful in pizza dough. I also use it in some breads and especially in savory muffins (I have a recipe for parmasean-sage muffins that ¡s wonderful with olive oil). You can definitely use it for baking! I've even used it in sweet muffins with success (though they were a little olive-oily).

making pizza dough but i"m short 1/4 cup veg oil. what can I use?

Hi LKJR,

Pizza = Italian

Olive oil = oil of choice in all Italian cooking

Pizza + Olive oil = the only way to make a pizza dough!

Pizza + vegetable oil = ugh, NO

There is a fantastic BREAD thread on the BBC TV food messageboard, on "Food Chat" which has lots of advice, comments and recipes. Cross the pond and join up. Just to allay any fears, I`m not employed by the BBC nor did I start the thread but it is worth a look.

Hope this helps,
Archiduc

Back
Top Bottom