Solids and Liquids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sofstep

Assistant Cook
I want to add 1/2 cup of a liquer to a recipe. What solid (flour, etc) and how much should be added to maintain the original consistancy. Thanks

Personally I would look for a liquid that I could replace not a solid to add. You may be changing the acid balance of the product no matter what you change so you may have to alter the amount of leavening that you use too.

Thanks for the replies.

I am baking a pumpkin bar whatever. It's a large recipe needing a 9x13 baking dish. The only liquids involved in the bake are: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of oil, and 1/4 lb of melted butter.

It's a very good recipe as is but I wanted to add a little 'kick' to give it a little more life.

Then, like a fruit cake, I would bake it first, let it cool, and then lightly sprinkle it with whatever liquor you choose. Wrap it up and refrigerate for a week or so, to give time for the liquor to distribute throughout the bars.

Have fun!!! ;)

I would add it to the baked pruduct, too. Otherwise the liquor will evaporate out of it as it's baking. It can't be a Drunken Punkin without it!

Back
Top Bottom