Sub for Mayo in a sandwich dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, this sheds a whole new light on things. When you first said Sandwiches, I presumed you meant regular meat sandwiches, usually cold, on bread.

Burgers? Personally I LIKE them a little sloppy, as long as it isn't too greasy (and for the record, I DO eat mayo on my burger)! And any Meatball sub, or bbq meat sandwich is definitely sloppy with sauce. I do usually toast my buns, and then just add the meat and sauce with nothing else.

Substitute for mayo

Kudos to the hummus! Sounds delicious.

You can also use mustard; maybe I missed something, but mustard is delicious in sandwiches, especially since you don't like mayo.

If you are eating your sandwich right away and not packing it for later; you can slather it with some salsa -- Yum!

Or, try pesto on your sandwich -- double yum!

If you are packing your sandwich for later in the day; keep all ingredients separate so your bread doesn't get soggy. You can even put your mustard or pesto in a small plastic container, and assemble your sandwich when you are ready to eat it. A little more work, but worth it to not have a soggy sandwich at lunch time. :)

Blessings

Back
Top Bottom