Antiques in the fridge....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I have a meat drawer in my fridge, where I keep cheese and lunchmeat. In addition to a couple of VERY old hot dogs and some undistinguishable moldy stuff, I threw away my anchovy paste, which I've had for way over ten years.
Do you have any antiques in your refrigerator?

I'm not looking. I don't want to know. If I knew, then I would have to do something about it. No thanks. I'd rather be on this forum.

Probably. Don't know what, if anything, for sure without looking.

We sometimes have some cheese with a fuzzy green beard. Leftovers are more often aged to retirement.

I've got a nice size sliver of parmigiano cheese that is rock hard--just can't bear to throw it away. I might need it :-p.

Absolutely...it would be great as part of a coating for some fried food or part of a topping for a casserole.

Or toss it in the freezer. Next time you make a vegetable beef soup or a Minestrone toss it in there! Well, as long as it's a small amount. If it's a larger amount still freeze it and grate as needed.

My antiques tend to be more along the sauce and condiment line.
Got some shrimp paste in there I am scared to open....

My mother's freezer was a protected archaeological site, or should have been.
Guess that keeps me fairly current on leftovers anyway.

I'd say I'm with GrillingFool - condiments would be my issue. I guess I don't practice safe lunch often enough..................if you don't get it PM me :LOL:.....wait...someone has that sig here so I can say.....practice safe lunch, use your condiments. :rolleyes:

I have a can of tomato paste I opened and used a few tablespoons of and then threw the open can in there. It has been in there for about a year now. I'm keeping it, we are friends now, whenever I go into my fridge we exchange hellos

I've got a nice size sliver of parmigiano cheese that is rock hard--just can't bear to throw it away. I might need it :-p.
If it isn't green, make a pot of minestrone and toss it in the last hour..Mother In law saved hers just for that purpose.
kadesma:)

I think I have those sauces in jars which are CLEARLY expired since they weren't used in 4 years. :D

Might be time to let go of the saved bacon grease and start over.... haven't been using it.

I have a can of tomato paste I opened and used a few tablespoons of and then threw the open can in there. It has been in there for about a year now. I'm keeping it, we are friends now, whenever I go into my fridge we exchange hellos

:yuk::LOL:

if anyone ever listened to George Carlin, he did a bit back in the
'80s that dealt with this exact subject and it was hilarious.
and unfortunately, oh so true.

Back
Top Bottom