Campbell Recalls 300 Cases of Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Contandina or RedPack, which was the brand actually on sale.
I've only used Furmano (yellow can, right?) once and didn't like it. Their crushed was more like puree. We get used to what we get used to.

CarolPa's sig is"

"WARNING! If someone comes to your front door saying they are checking for ticks due to the warm weather, and ask you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT! THIS IS A SCAM! They only want to see you naked. I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid!"

:LOL: I've seen that before but laugh every time.

[Insert serious note---- just can't help myself, sorry-----but please do a tick check on yourself/children and pets everyday. Even in the winter.]

I like Contandina or RedPack, which was the brand actually on sale.
I've only used Furmano (yellow can, right?) once and didn't like it. Their crushed was more like puree. We get used to what we get used to.

Yeah, it's in a yellow can.

Maybe that's why I like it, I prefer a smoother sauce. I'm not a fan of "chunky" tomato sauces, it's a texture thing for me.

One or two 28 oz cans is a big batch to me.
Although if I was making 4-5 qts at a time it would probably save money. I could buy my tomato product in the bulk aisle. Get one or two of those enormous cans.

I often make a quick sauce with just a 14 Oz. can of tomato. Other times I use a 28 OZ. can. When I make my Sunday Ragu with meatballs, sausages and beef chinks, I use two 28 Oz. cans.

Right now I am without sauce so I need to get cooking. I need pizza sauce and I'm ready for a big batch of the Sunday Ragu.

I have an issue with SO and all her baked goods in the freezer. It's not as bad as before Christmas but the bottom of the freezer is still all baked goods.

Good to know, GG. Thanks.

I subscribe to this notification (I think it's for U.S. only)

Current Recalls and Alerts

The Campbell Soup notice isn't included in that---- do you belong to an RSS feed? Or how did you come by that notice, if you don't mind me asking.

I subscribe to quite a few RSS feeds. I think there was a little blurb in Huffington Post Food, and then I searched for an official notice on the FDA site and linked to that.

btw, it cracks me up how these threads evolve sometimes :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
GG said: "btw, it cracks me up how these threads evolve sometimes"

So true!!! :LOL: What you call 'evolution' is sometimes called hi-jacking. At least it hasn't been 'sanitized', as happened to a thread I was on when people started speaking Latin and Klingon!!!:censored: :LOL:

Who me??? Nah. :D

I love evolution in all it's forms---- and go with the flow. But I can understand how some people don't like that.

I often make a quick sauce with just a 14 Oz. can of tomato. Other times I use a 28 OZ. can. When I make my Sunday Ragu with meatballs, sausages and beef chinks, I use two 28 Oz. cans.

Right now I am without sauce so I need to get cooking. I need pizza sauce and I'm ready for a big batch of the Sunday Ragu.

I have an issue with SO and all her baked goods in the freezer. It's not as bad as before Christmas but the bottom of the freezer is still all baked goods.

You need to drip some tomato sauce on all those baked goods as your're putting away your next batch ;)

Good to know, GG. Thanks.

I subscribe to this notification (I think it's for U.S. only)

Current Recalls and Alerts

The Campbell Soup notice isn't included in that---- do you belong to an RSS feed? Or how did you come by that notice, if you don't mind me asking.

I get recalls weekly (you can get them daily if you want) from this site. Here's the Campbell's I got this morning in the digest e-maill.

Campbell Recalls 300 Cases of Prego Traditional Italian Sauce Due to a Risk of Spoilage

They list all food and drug recalls.

Back
Top Bottom