Cilantro contamination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I have grown it with success. It is in a pot, which is mostly in the shade. Maybe it's the weather that we have? Don't know but it works.

Yes, I have grown it with success. It is in a pot, which is mostly in the shade. Maybe it's the weather that we have? Don't know but it works.

Are you in Portland, Oregon, or Portland, Maine? Either way, the average temperatures in those places are 15 to 20 degrees lower than in my area. Cilantro doesn't last long during the spring and summer here.

Now, other herbs do great :) Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme ;) Genovese basil, Thai basil, oregano, curry, mint and bay laurel are all looking beautiful.

I have a volunteer fennel plant (the one used for seeds, not the bulb) that came up under the Japanese maple that is really reaching for the sun through the foliage. Dill is challenge for me, too, though.

Last edited:
Oregon. Zone 6. Didn't grow it this year as it has been WAY too HOT. We've had more days over 90+ than ever so the tomatoes did well! They love the heat. The basil is doing better than the parsley. I keep them out of direct sun and that seems to keep them going.

Recently I was in Mexico City. While there I was doing a video shot with a large YouTube channel based there. In the video She showed a disinfectant that she uses for her cilantro.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom