CRF Frozen Foods Expands Voluntary Recall to Include All Frozen Vegetable and Fruit P

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
CRF Frozen Foods Expands Voluntary Recall to Include All Frozen Vegetable and Fruit Products Due To Possible Health Risk

For Immediate Release

May 2, 2016

Contact

Consumers

Consumer Hotline
844-483-3866

Media

Gene Grabowski
gene.grabowski@kglobal.com
202-270-6560

Announcement

PASCO, Wash. – As a precaution, CRF Frozen Foods of Pasco, Washington is expanding its voluntary recall of frozen organic and traditional fruits and vegetables. We are performing this voluntary recall in cooperation with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) because these products have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The organism can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea,*Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

For a list of recalled foods, see this page: CRF Frozen Foods Expands Voluntary Recall to Include All Frozen Vegetable and Fruit Products Due To Possible Health Risk

WOW, that's a long list of brands. I did see Trader Joe's and Costco brands where I might run into stuff.

Thanks, GG

WOW, that's a long list of brands. I did see Trader Joe's and Costco brands where I might run into stuff.

Thanks, GG

Too long a list, talk about too big to fail!

Reminds me of an article I read about the handful of companies that control the world food supply.

Soylent Green is coming, 2022 isn't far away! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Only thing on the list that I sometimes use is the Great Value store brand from Walmart, and I have nothing of theirs in the freezer at the moment.

The frozen food section of my local safeway today is bare - almost no veggies to be had.

I've used Great Value from Walmart, not sure if I still have any GV. I'm thinking we're OK by sticking with Birdseye, Green Giant, and Our Family brands. They weren't listed, but the whole scare still makes me nervous.

Back
Top Bottom