Diet Soda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Insects love rotting meat and fecal matter. You going to start eating those because they do?​

? What ?

1.gif

Last edited:
You said insects don't bother with artificially sweetened drinks so neither will you. I pointed out that insects enjoy rotting meat and fecal matter so will you then enjoy those?

I was simply pointing out that what an insect is attracted to or repelled by really does not matter as far as what is good or bad for humans.

I was simply pointing out that what an insect is attracted to or repelled by really does not matter as far as what is good or bad for humans.

Of course you were.

:ROFLMAO:

Your 'question' was so preposterous I didn't know how to take it.

Last edited:
Of course you were.

:ROFLMAO:

Your 'question' was so preposterous I didn't know how to take it.
It was preposterous to make my point that you staying away from something because insects stay away from it really makes no sense either.

Not sure where you saw any hostility there Wart. None was intended and upon multiple readings of my posts I fail to see where there is any at all.

Is it safe to drink in quantities?, I'm not so sure now. I drink only diet soda and use equal in my coffee and find that if I drink to much, especially orange flavour, I suffer from severe joint pain and have to lay off it for a time. I also suffer from Tinnitus but that has been blamed on loud machinery, now, I'm having a re-think.

This article is worth a read, true or false, I don't know.

Aspartame, Nutrasweet - the danger of consumption

Hi Attie,
Why are you drinking it in quantities?
What is wrong with plain, simple unadulterated tap water? If you have doubts about the quality of the tap water whcih you recieve in your area/county or country you should contact your local Environmental Health organisation or Trading Standards department which should be listed in the local phone book.

As a resident you should be entitled to demand that a water quality survey is carried out in your area - just think the Erin Bockovitch case! ;) Following this, you should know whether the Department of Health or Trading Standards or Environmental Health Department advises using tap or bottled water at all times or at any particular time.;)

Diet soda is a refreshment drink - look at the label to see the chemicals used in it`s creation. :ermm: It is not a liquid used by any chef when cooking :ohmy:. Again, get your local tap water assessed by Environmental Health to check it`s vialbility for use in cooking and drinking.

As for making coffee with diet soda - :ROFLMAO::LOL::mad::rolleyes: NO, NO,NO,NO!

Coffee, freshly ground and with the very lightest pinch of salt (to bring out the flavour) should be made with boiled (still)water and not carbonated in any form or shape! The chemicals employed in a making a diet soda and listed on the bottle should advise one not to use a diet soda to make a decent pot of coffee!

As for any soda, orange coloured or flavoured - try to avoid it all, all costs and cut it out of one`s diet. It cannot be good for you - the chemicals - just look on the list- cannot be good for you.

Finally, as far as I`m aware "tinnitus" has nothing to do with diet but is a consequence or noise or vibration in one`s place of work. You may have a claim against a previous employer if they failed to provide you with appropriate guards against "tinnitus" - only you can decide and demonstrate a case. What do you think was the cause of your "tinnitus"?

Archiduc

Although the diet soda has much more less sugar than the original one, but its still contains sugar as well.

Well, you're better to reduce the amount of diet soda and this for your own health matter.

I have also steered away from the artificial sweetener/diet soda craze. In fact, I can count on one hand how many times in a month I drink soda. In all, soda is just not good for you. It's basically just high fructose corn syrup diluted a bit in fizzy water. At least, that's my horrific impression of it!
Anyway, the point is, it's best not to rely on anything that is artificially sweetened. And instead of adding sugar, try honey instead to your drinks like tea and lemonade!

As for making coffee with diet soda - :ROFLMAO::LOL::mad::rolleyes: NO, NO,NO,NO!

Coffee, freshly ground and with the very lightest pinch of salt (to bring out the flavour) should be made with boiled (still)water and not carbonated in any form or shape! The chemicals employed in a making a diet soda and listed on the bottle should advise one not to use a diet soda to make a decent pot of coffee!

This thread just popped up and I missed this the first time around.

First: Who is making coffee with diet soda (other thank Coke)?? Yick that doesn't even sound good, and I don't think I will be wanting to try that flavor of Coke anytime soon. Or where you referring to the use of artificial sweeteners to sweeten the coffee?

Second: The pinch of salt, that is interesting. How much do you add to a pot, and when? Just a pinch after it is done brewing?

Thanks!

This thread just popped up and I missed this the first time around.

First: Who is making coffee with diet soda (other thank Coke)?? Yick that doesn't even sound good, and I don't think I will be wanting to try that flavor of Coke anytime soon. Or where you referring to the use of artificial sweeteners to sweeten the coffee?

Second: The pinch of salt, that is interesting. How much do you add to a pot, and when? Just a pinch after it is done brewing?

Thanks!

Hi Maverick,
I usually use a cafetiere or stove-top Italian coffe pot - you know the type that has 3 part - base in which you put water, middle bit which holds the coffee and sit in and on top of the base and top which screws on to the base. the water boils, is force through the coffee and comes out to sit in the top part of the machine - can`t remember for the life of me what its proper name is!

Any way, when you place the ground coffee in the cafetiere/pot add a "mean" (of finger and thumb) pinch of salt before adding water and it is literally a pinch! I also have a Delonghi machine which makes 1 or 2 cups of espresso coffee at a time and I add just a few grains of salt to the coffee before placing the coffee into the machine. It is like grating freshly ground black pepper onto sliced strawberries or melon to bring out the flavour!

It`s a bit like another tip I was once given which is to add a pinch (a mean pinch) of coffee to a chocolate item to bring out the flavour of chocolate. Again, it has to be a very "mean" pinch otherwise you turn the flavour into mocha which defeats the point. However, this really works, especially when making chocolate ice cream.

All the best,
Archiduc

Back
Top Bottom