E. coli cases traced to slaughterhouse; beef, veal, bison recalled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently all linked to ground beef again. Proper cooking of food will kill this bacteria. Pink burgers under 160 is a common cause. Cross contamination to non-cooked foods can also be a problem.

E.Coli Meat

Right in my own back yard. Tomorrow Pirate is going shopping. I go Sunday. And I am supposed to get mostly meats. Looks like I will have to make other plans. :angel:

Since the affected products have been recalled, you don't have to worry about avoiding it in the stores; they will have removed it. I imagine they have found another supplier for the time being. The concern is that people may have bought and frozen some, and that should be discarded.

Since the affected products have been recalled, you don't have to worry about avoiding it in the stores; they will have removed it. I imagine they have found another supplier for the time being. The concern is that people may have bought and frozen some, and that should be discarded.

You're right GG. After I posted, I realized the very same thing. :angel:

Yup, stores take this off the shelf immediately.

When we get a class one recall, it pops up on every register, an automated call is placed to the store, district managers etc.. a special project is launched and the pull from the shelf has to match the quantity on hand, if it doesn't for some reason (theft or something else), the manager on duty has to sign off that every bit has been pulled from the shelf. Pretty much the managers on duty stop everything and pull the product.

Back
Top Bottom