Egg Recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha don't make fun of me guys I dont like easy eggs they gross me out. I have tried 10-20 minutes it isn't enough for me. :)

We all have our food-centric likes and dislikes, Chrissy. If it works for you, it is all that matters. Truly.

For me, the white must be absolutely solid, but I love for the yolk to be thickened but not cooked. For hard-cooked eggs, I want all to be solid though. I bring to a boil, cover, and let it set for 20 minutes. I think someone mentioned this in a previous post. I especially like this method because everything is solid, but there is no discoloration in the yolk.

Last edited:
Eggs have always been a Salmonella concern. Why the big deal NOW! When eggs are properly cooked there's no problem. Are there really THAT many people eating raw eggs on a daily basis?

Surely you realize that this problem doesn't just affect you in your home, where you may or may not cook your eggs to a sufficient temperature? Much of what I have read so far involves restaurants and catering. One in particular was some party (graduation, I think) where many young people became ill from from cream-filled pastries.

Umm.. see.. her chickens would become mine to tend. Then when I wanted to grill em she would cry. No... I think we are better off this way.

I think Kathleen deserves her own chickens Frank!!

You are so mean.

:bash::bangin::hammer::boxing:

Isn't he??? I found an adorable coop.

Umm.. see.. her chickens would become mine to tend. Then when I wanted to grill em she would cry. No... I think we are better off this way.

Yes, I would definitely cry if you cooked our "girls". Besides, hens do not lay eggs after they have been grilled. It would be counter productive. It is true you may end up tending them, but FRESH eggs!!! You know it would annoy your favorite neighbor as your added bonus to feed that meanness. And...it would keep us in safe eggs during recalls!

~Kathleen

Annoying a favorite neighbor would be fun! I wonder how many I could keep in the apartment...:)

I bet there is an architectural review for the coop. And our HOA would probably have a coronary over that.

Back
Top Bottom