Egg Recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That doesn't stop the seminola thing. It depends on what the chickies eat.

Frank 2022

I know, dear, I wasn't born yesterday. :rolleyes: But it also are the conditions in which said chickies are raised in. And this was in the UK I was referring to, and why Edmina Currie became the scourge of chicken farmers nationwide. See #16.

Our supermarket had a sign in the entrance door stating they do not carry eggs from the providers in question. A proactive way to ensure patrons don't stop buying eggs.

As much as I love my eggs, I won't be buying them anytime soon. California has been hit really hard, and who knows if the eggs I buy today, won't be recalled tomorrow. I suspect many people feel like that.
It's a really bad thing for all egg producers, but so be it.

Eggs have always been a Salmonella concern. Why the big deal NOW! When eggs are properly cooked there's no problem. Are there really THAT many people eating raw eggs on a daily basis?

About a month ago I boiled eggs for breakfast and after almost an hour of boiling I cracked one open and half of the egg was missing. It was odd. And the news hadn't reported about the contaminated eggs at the time, but my gut instinct said that that the problem had to be with more than 1 egg. So I cracked another and it was the same. I dont know if it had anything to do with the contaminated ones, but the eggs weren't hard even after an 1 hr and they smelled funny even though the date had not expired. So I threw the whole carton away. I think as long as the ones people have aren't the brands that were contaminated we should be fine. :)

Last edited:
About a month ago I boiled eggs for breakfast and after almost an hour of boiling I cracked one open and half of the egg was missing. It was odd. And the news hadn't reported about the contaminated eggs at the time, but my gut instinct said that that the problem had to be with more than 1 egg. So I cracked another and it was the same. I dont know if it had anything to do with the contaminated ones, but the eggs weren't hard even after an 1 hr and they smelled funny even though the date had not expired. So I threw the whole carton away. I think as long as the ones people have aren't the brands that were contaminated we should be fine. :)

Boiling eggs for an hour!!! They would be hard cooked after ten minutes. I'll bet they smelled like sulfur.

You boil your eggs for an hour? I boil mine for one minute, take off the heat, cover, and let stand exactly 18 minutes, then cool in ice water. Perfect eggs and usually very easy to peal.

We'll not an hour, I exaggerated, but I like my eggs hard and that means at 30 min for me. That's how I like them. They had never been like that before.

Last edited:
Yeah me too. I have been known to get miffy when I order eggs out and they are "overcooked".

But they are unsafe this way. Okay, only one thing to do, sweetie: We can have up to four hens within city limits. I do have a coop picked out. We shall be the envy of the neighborhood! No worries about the historical society. Backyard chickens are very traditional. ;)

You know...I even have my breed of chicken picked out!

No chickens.

No chickens.

No chickens.

No chickens.

No chickens.

No chickens.

Hope that clears that up. :)

About a month ago I boiled eggs for breakfast and after almost an hour of boiling I cracked one open and half of the egg was missing. It was odd.

:LOL: Not surprised! You probably boiled the yolk into oblivion. I boil my eggs for barely minutes depending on softness, hardness. But yours after boiling - one hour??? Jeez, what you gonna do - catapult 'em at British chavs?

Not a bad idea, that. ;)

Haha don't make fun of me guys I dont like easy eggs they gross me out. I have tried 10-20 minutes it isn't enough for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom