Febreeze Air Effects Extra Strength

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
I didn't want to have to hunt down a home economics forum, so I hope this topic is ok. Fabreze Air Effects works great at clearing out cooking smells.

Most supermarkets and stores only carry Fabreze Air Effects in scents. I bought some Extra Strength (mild original scent) and liked how it worked and smelled. It's not a problem ordering it online, but I wanted to save shipping costs, so I bought Fabreze Air Effects Pet Odor Eliminator instead. It came in the same blue can with a slightly different cap color. It smelled the same, only the scent SEEMS stronger and lingers longer (to my nose). I went to the companies site and both sprays list the exact same ingredients, but not quantities (no help there). My thinking is that they add more of the odor neutralizing ingredient to the Pet Odor Eliminator and therefore, more scent.

By any chance, would any of you know if these two products are identical but with just a slightly different cap color? I'm wondering if its just my imagination that the Pet Odor Eliminator has a stronger smell that lingers too long.
There's no link to contact the company about this.

A longshot asking, I know.

Last edited:
By sheer coincidence, I also purchased a spray bottle of Extra Strength yesterday at the grocery store! I've never used it for airing out kitchen odors. I wonder if its chemicals are safe for such use...

I can understand your question. The short answer is probably yes, slightly different formula, but the long and cynical answer is no, you are right, it's just commercial marketing. Except for a few cosmetic changes, a few technical upgrades, a hood & trunk logo, and of course sticker price, some Porsche models are the same as Volkswagens.

Back
Top Bottom