Food Safety Course

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miniman

Executive Chef
I did a one day food safety course today - covering the reasons for food poisoning, food hazards, prevention ways and legal aspects etc. I actually knew much of the stuff already, but to do anykind of food prep for the public, you need to have this qualification from the Institute of Environmental Health.

The big laugh was the test at the end - 30 multiple choice questions to be answered in an hour. I took 8 minutes and was not the first to finish. I also have a food safety hand book.

Food Safety should be taken seriously. Glad you knew all the info you did. I've watched friends cook and cringe. My biggest pet peeve is handling raw poultry and NOT wash your hands before handling other things. People just don't get it. Drives me nuts :ermm:

It's great that you had all the correct information. I took a course for food preservation (canning) and completed it within hours, working at my own pace, since I already had the correct information in my head. Others took days or longer to complete and had trouble with it. But I found too that many people cannot be bothered with such rules and prefer doing their own thing and quoting "I'm not dead yet, am I?!".

Back
Top Bottom