Food Warning - Lead in Red Wine and Balsamic Vinegars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heck, I have a LEAD pipe bringing water into my house. It's been there since 1919 and probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

But... Even though I have friends in California... I think they are off their rockers in that state when it comes to these things. I know lead is bad for you, but I kid you not...

This past summer I bought a package of jigs (fishing lures) that had on the back of the package "This product contains lead, know by the state of California..". Riiiiiight..... If I eat them, it'll be the LEAD causing problems, not the barbed fishing hooks! :huh:

:mrgreen:

I'd guess he's not drinking balsamic or red wine vinegar for this purpose (the original topic of this thread) ;) Distilled white vinegar is much cheaper. Still, I'd wonder about the effect of that much acid on the stomach and intestinal linings :ermm:

Probably not as hard on him as all the liquor and beer.

True. California does go overboard on a lot of things like this.

Heck of it is allot of air isn't good for you.

I'm serious!

When the wind is blowing from the east I can smell the aluminum extrusion plant way on the other side of town.

Sulfur dioxide I believe. I wonder about those living closer or next to the place.

Thankfully the wind only blows from the east a couple of times a year.

I don't think I could handle living in or around LA. Maybe in other parts of California, but then again I can barely handle living here in Chicago!

Country roads, take me home...

Back
Top Bottom