Frat .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from filing a police report.

I think tomorrow I'll look up health inspection records.

And I think I'll call the main and Ohio HQ.

If you think those pictures are descriptive and disgusting be glad they have been cropped, resampled much smaller and reduced in detail for easier web viewing. I could link these graphics to a full sized, 2kx3k JPG or NEF (raw data) file(s) of the fryer.

I went to the health department.

They seem to believe the place needs a violation. AKA: Get caught with a smoking gun, as is were.

They also seemed happy someone such as myself brought this to their attention. Someone with a clue (I took the ServSafe exam Wednesday) who really just wants to clean up a kitchens act.

For those of you wondering why I work at the Frat 12 hours a week, if I couldn't get a job someplace else, and so on, I'm a Vet, worked on ICBMs, hold an Aircraft Mechanics License (Formerly the A&P), two degrees and am puttering towards a third. I don't need to put up with the situation for their chump change.

Its about making a difference and turning the place around.

What is this thread about? I live in the UK and cannot make head nor tail about the original posting/first mesage but would like to know so that I might respond.

Help - What is a "Frat 12 hours a week". We can all get a job somewhere else so I know what this means. VET - clearly this means a verterinarian but I have no knowledege of what an "ICBMs" means. Anyone like to help me out here. :LOL::mad::rolleyes::LOL::ermm:

I`m tempted to say "PACE" in the best Roman/Latin tradition.

Mea culpa,
Archidiuc

W - it had to be hard to do that.

Those who blow the whistle rarely get thanks. And their efforts often do not get noticed because the horrible events they prevented never happened.

You did the right thing. Sorry about the loss of job, but you knew that was coming.

Time to just move on. God speed and good luck.

Sorry you got the gate but you have photos and the courage to press on for what it is worth you have my full suport. From what you have said and documented I hope they get fined to starvation, as they certinly deserve it. Keep us posted on the outcome

ugh I am going to think twice when I order fry from now on.... YIKES Wart that IS gross.

My brother used to work in a particulary revolting mexican themed restruant and had similar descriptions of stuff... and people alawys get sick there.... they just think the margharitas are too strong though!

lol, chef june. i know people are busy. i thought that was a better way of typing "bump" to bring this thread to attention.

and i didn't read through it closely either. sorry you lost the job, wart. but you can take pride in the fact you did the right thing, in the face of adversity. a lesser man might have just backed down.

this world could use more people like you. and fewer kitchens that look like that. yuk.

What is this thread about? I live in the UK and cannot make head nor tail about the original posting/first mesage but would like to know so that I might respond.

Help - What is a "Frat 12 hours a week". We can all get a job somewhere else so I know what this means. VET - clearly this means a verterinarian but I have no knowledege of what an "ICBMs" means. Anyone like to help me out here. :LOL::mad::rolleyes::LOL::ermm:

I`m tempted to say "PACE" in the best Roman/Latin tradition.

Mea culpa,
Archidiuc

You need to read these to catch up:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f129/fraternal-lodge-safety-situation-question-s-45073.html
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f129/frat-fish-thawing-45192.html
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f129/frat-salisbury-steak-45218.html

Vet here means a military veteran. ICBM means intercontinental ballistic missile. HTH.

And heres the topper,

I just checked my score on the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Examination.

Seems I missed one question. I don't quite believe it, I was unsure of the answers on 8 questions.

The bottom line is I can't be in that kitchen unless they clean up their act.

And they lost their best shot at cleaning it up.

If it were me, I would go out and find the nearest ambulance, and engage the lawyer behind it in a discussion concerning a Wrongful Termination lawsuit.

Hi Gotgarlic,

Many thanks for posting the sites. I`ve read them all - how I wish I had not!

The sites serve to illustrate very bad and extremely dangerous food practices - disgusting and nasty beyond belief.

From my understanding the OP lost his/her job. However, s/he was quite right to report the kitchen. Clearly the OP has integrity regarding the handling and cooking food, commitment to standards and respect for the customer. I would employ him/her tomorrow as would any self-respecting kitchen - just don`t rely on getting a good reference from one`s previous place of employment and therein lies a sin! I do hope the OP is not put off working in the industry and finds another job soon.

Regards,
Archiduc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom