Granite Cleaner and Polish Not Food Safe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am trying to figure out how any product could possibly be certified kosher and not safe for human consumption at the same time. There is something rotten in Denmark and I can smell it all the way over in California!

I also prefer home-made cleaning solutions, because it's the only really safe way to clean your kitchen. All commercial cleaners have chemicals, so they are not 100% safe. There are cleaners with high amount of harmful chemicals and others with low amount of them.

I also prefer home-made cleaning solutions, because it's the only really safe way to clean your kitchen. All commercial cleaners have chemicals, so they are not 100% safe. There are cleaners with high amount of harmful chemicals and others with low amount of them.

This is an overly broad statement. Lemon juice is a chemical called citric acid. Bleach is a chemical known as hydrogen peroxide. Used at proper concentrations, they're not dangerous. And there are so-called "green" commercial cleaners available.

This whole discussion reinforces why I don't prepare ANY food directly on our granite countertops. I'm always on top of a cutting board, sometimes 2 or 3 spread around.
Not to mention that granite is porous and stains caused by various foodstuffs, especially oil, are tough to get out of granite.

I am trying to figure out how any product could possibly be certified kosher and not safe for human consumption at the same time. There is something rotten in Denmark and I can smell it all the way over in California!
Yeah, the "certified kosher" struck me too. They also mention counter tops, so I really think they are doing a good job of implying kitchen.

This whole discussion reinforces why I don't prepare ANY food directly on our granite countertops. I'm always on top of a cutting board, sometimes 2 or 3 spread around.
Not to mention that granite is porous and stains caused by various foodstuffs, especially oil, are tough to get out of granite.

I don't either, except for pastry. But as I said, I only use the polish a couple times a year.

Last edited:
I don't either, except for pastry. But as I said, I only use the polish a couple times a year.
That's the only thing I use counter tops for, but food falls on the counter top while I'm cutting it up/chopping it. I make sure the counter is clean and then I do not throw away that food.

Back
Top Bottom