Here's Something to Build More Food Paranoia Around!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol! The sushi comment I found funny was "To minimize risk, eat sashimi (sushi made with raw fish) at restaurants where the chefs not only know how to purchase the best fish, but also know how to identify and remove parasites during preparation." I highly doubt that if I saw my sushi chef picking out parasites from my sashimi that I'd be eating there anymore.:sick:

lol! The sushi comment I found funny was "To minimize risk, eat sashimi (sushi made with raw fish) at restaurants where the chefs not only know how to purchase the best fish, but also know how to identify and remove parasites during preparation." I highly doubt that if I saw my sushi chef picking out parasites from my sashimi that I'd be eating there anymore.:sick:

Most sushi establishments use fish that has previously been frozen. The freezing process kills pretty much all parasites. I've had sushi twice this week - and I wouldn't mind having it again tomorrow! :pig:

I believe the parasite, if present, would be removed during the preparation stages prior do the doors opening - not during service.

Same here. I don't like sushi at all let alone the memory of how sick I got from it the first time I ate it.

I hate you had that experience. There's nothing more refreshing or satisfying than sushi. The last time I had the flu my first meal was sushi - who knew sushi was a comfort food! :LOL:

i'll have to go check that out gb. i've heard of "live" sushi places here in the city. it couldn't have been frozen if it's served alive.

maybe just really uncomfortably chilly.

I-I don't kn-kn-know wh-what to say! You mean I'm going to die? I can't believe it. Oh cruel world. I eat food. So now I'm going to die.:huh:

Well! That's it then. I'm not eating any more. :mad: I'll beat this death thing. I'm going to live off of air. I'll just swallow a lot of it and burp a bunch. Just think of the benefits. There will be no need to ever have to use the bathroom again. Nothing gowing in, nothing going out. I'll lose weight, and we know that that's a healthy thing. I won't have to worry about kife skills, or cooking skills anymore. I'll be able to spend the time I used to waste on cooking for more useful activites. It's all good.

Yup, I'm going to quit eating. That's the answer. Now who's with me?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

i'll have to go check that out gb. i've heard of "live" sushi places here in the city. it couldn't have been frozen if it's served alive.

maybe just really uncomfortably chilly.
Good point BT. I have heard of those places too. Maybe there is an exemption for live fish, or maybe my disclaimer was just very well placed :LOL:

so, you have been to new jersey... ahhh, fresh n.j. air.
now con mas sabor!

Yeh, there's enough stuff floating around in Jersey air to satisfy most all of your needs. I know there's a bunch of ozone, co2, methane, sulfur-dioxide, all building blocks of life. Surely our lungs can knock off the extra oxygen atom from O3 and turn it into O2. Methane is a carbon based gas, and our bodies are carbon based, so we should be able to extract more building blocks for cell regeneration (who needs sugar and fats anyways). sulfur is a trace element used in our bodies, and when we seperate it from the two oxygen molecules it will become useful again, right?

I'm sure there are enough bits of dust and other particulates in Joisey air to give us whatever we need to survive.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The only thing I'm worried about is the nitrogen. I don't want to end up with nitrogen narcosis, or the bends.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom