How long can food be saved?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macsc

Assistant Cook
My brother is going to smoke Boston Butts and Beer Can Chicken over the weekend.
They will be refrigerated and not used until the following Thursday.

We are concerned about the saftey of serving them 4 days after cooking.
I don't know where to go to find information about this.

I'd be happy for any input, either a knowledgable answer or a point in the right direction to find an answer.

We're trying to avoid giving food posioning to anybody:ohmy:

Thanks
MaryAnne

Properly refrigerated, the fully cooked foods should be fine for four days (Sunday to Thursday).

If you're using the pork for pulled pork, it, and the chicken freeze very well.

Agree with Andy.

The important thing is to minimize handle after it comes off the grill, as this is where it can become contaminated and set in motion the chain of events ( contamination, improper temperatures in cooler, improper holding at and after serving) that can lead to food poisoning.

This means keep the chicken whole until serving time. The same for the Butt. Move them off the grill onto aluminum foil, cool, wrap, and refrigerate or freeze. Hands off!

Should be fine. Happy Holidays

Absolutely agree, it should be fine.

If you are still not sure send it to me.

Thank you one and all.

I appreciate your wisdom (and don't let that go to your head):)

MaryAnne (who will let you know how many the EMT's collect):LOL:

Last edited:
I am not an expert in cooking but I think that it would just be ok to store the cooked food for 4 days as long as it is well refrigerated and well-cooked. When the time comes wherein you are going to eat the food, it is best to smell the food first. If it smells bad, then don't risk tasting it. If it smells ok, don't eat it just yet and see to it if molds or unfamiliar things have grown on your food. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom