How to treat a cut finger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
salt and pepper said:
The only thing about using super glue is that its not sterilized , The super glue that doctors use is the same thing but its sterile.

Super glue is full of alcohol, so it is sterile, that's what helps it dry so fast.

When commercial fishing, nicks and cuts to the hands were wrapped in duct tape. It stays on when wet.

When commercial fishing, nicks and cuts to the hands were wrapped in duct tape. It stays on when wet.

I had to laff at that Z. My late husband was an Electrical Contractor.......When he was young and still working with the tools, nearly every day he'd come home with something wrapped in black electrical tape. :LOL: He said bandages were for weenies.

I guess we all missed the obvious.

Have your mommy put a pretty band-aid on it and kiss it all better.

LOL. The real obvious might also be to remove all the sharp instruments from the house :LOL:

LOL. The real obvious might also be to remove all the sharp instruments from the house :LOL:

Hey wait... I always wanted to see if you can really cauterize a wound by pouring gunpowder in it and lighting it :ermm:

Sounds more obvious to me than superglue. :LOL:
The cut is still sore, but healing nicely thanks to my Care Bear Band-Aids, thank you.

Last edited:
Here

Attachments

• hello kitty bandaids.jpg
    hello kitty bandaids.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 119
I got these, too!

Attachments

• bacon and egg bandaids.gif
    bacon and egg bandaids.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 108
  • pirate bandaids.gif
    pirate bandaids.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 161
The bacon & egg bandages crack me up, Fee! Reminds me of treating a kitchen burn with butter.

Come to think of it, I'm not certain whether this is an old wives' therapy or legitimate medicine...

How do you treat a burn?

Last edited:
The bacon & egg bandages crack me up, Fee! Reminds me of treating a kitchen burn with butter.

Come to think of it, I'm not certain whether this is an old wives' therapy or a legitimate treatment...

How do you treat a burn?

Run it under cool water. Be careful not to make it too cold, you don't want ice. That could cause more damage. You do want the burning to stop though. Keep it clean and dry. Do not put butter on it. Wrap lightly in gauze if needed. Go to ER if it is severe. If the burn is bad enough to break the skin or scab up it can easily get infected so you definitely want the benefit of an ER visit. They often can give you burn creams to help it heal faster. If it cracks or bleeds during the healing process consult your doctor. You may need to get it seen. Don't pop any blisters that form. Cushion them with bandages or gauze. An ice pack applied gently with a cover around it after the burn is cleaned and wrapped can help with the pain.

Last edited:

Come to think of it, I'm not certain whether this is an old wives' therapy or legitimate medicine...

How do you treat a burn?

Cold tap water, NOT ice. Leave open to air. If it's blistered, wrap it loosely with gauze, after you have gotten the burn to stop. Do not break the blister, do not cover with ointment.

I have pickle bandaids, too...you have a huge choice when I drain do a blood draw.:angel:

Back
Top Bottom