"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Food and Kitchen Safety

Old 09-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #11
Master Chef

Site Administrator

The only thing superglue sticks better than a quarter to a desktop is skin to skin. It can sting when you use it but it works really well. Be careful with it though, don't want to have your thumb stuck to the cut...

Old 09-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #12
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Careful you don't glue your hand to your face...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the-thinker.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	12006  

Old 09-10-2011, 01:23 AM   #13
Master Chef

Shallow cut: Sometime over the summer I cut my finger (something I do fairly often). Minor, but it wouldn't quit bleeding. I'd met some friends at our "third place" and the darned finger kept breaking open. Asked my favorite bartend for a bit of salt in a saucer, licked my finger, and rolled it in the salt.

All my friends thought I was nuts, but it absolutely worked. We're talking a very shallow cut that for some reason wouldn't quit bleeding (could it be the copious amounts of wine? Probably, it is a blood thinner!)
Old 09-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
Careful you don't glue your hand to your face...
I've glued finger to thumb, finger to hair and finger to superglue cap. Fortunately I suffered no injuries from any of the incidents. Forget what I used to separate myself from the various items. The hubby was only helpful in these matters after he quit laughing so hard he couldn't type. He looked up what to use online for me. I think the finger to hair one got him the worst. It was a good chunk of hair in the front, maybe about 1/8 inch thick if it were braded, and fairly close to the top so it would have been rather noticeable if I'd needed to cut it. That was the last one and a new house rule was created. I'm not supposed to use superglue without supervision anymore.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #15
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Acetone nail polish remover works on Superglue. You ARE killing me Jess!
Old 09-10-2011, 03:04 AM   #16
Executive Chef

I'm a bit clutzy and easily distracted. I'm fortunate that I'm also fairly cautious or I'd probably have seriously injured myself by now. Instead I just end up with humorous stories to tell about my various midadventures.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:11 AM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I'm a bit clutzy and easily distracted. I'm fortunate that I'm also fairly cautious or I'd probably have seriously injured myself by now. Instead I just end up with humorous stories to tell about my various midadventures.
I have several pairs of those "Shape-ups" shoes by Sketchers...the ones with the rockers soles...I fall over. Shrek said next 'fall over' he's throwing them away.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:27 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Lol. I've been known to trip over nothing on perfectly flat ground in proper fitting flat shoes, have my own saliva go down the wrong hole so I start coughing like I'm dying for no apparent reason (usually during a test or lecture or serious meeting at work), go to turn a corner and cut it a little close so I walk into it instead and I'm always bashing my shins or elbows or stubbing my toes on something. Most of the time I don't even notice anymore and I sometimes find myself wondering where some bruise or another came from. I'm not a particularly graceful girl. I am sturdy though, so it works out. I can take the abuse my clutziness dishes out.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Late to the vampire fest, but yes, superglue. Or better yet, look for crazy glue, the one with a brush applicator like fingernail polish has. It works good if you nick your dog's quick trimming their nails, too. I keep a couple bottles around.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #20
Head Chef

The only thing about using super glue is that its not sterilized , The super glue that doctors use is the same thing but its sterile.