"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Food and Kitchen Safety

Old 12-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #21
Master Chef

i'm particular 'bout cleanliess. i'm ultra-clean, & if i notice a grubby person near a kitchen, BYE! it's not that difficult for the average person to find a sink. that turns my stomach. i like to see people shielded by proper gear, too.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #22
Master Chef

Gosh, you are the insider, you should know how dirty a lot of places really are.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
i'm particular 'bout cleanliess. i'm ultra-clean, & if i notice a grubby person near a kitchen, BYE! it's not that difficult for the average person to find a sink. that turns my stomach. i like to see people shielded by proper gear, too.
Most everyone thinks they're "particular 'bout cleanliness"- even the people who fish pickles out of the jar with their fingers, take cold cuts off of serving platters without use of a serving fork and handle all the bread in a bread basket.

Gotta sympathize though with those food preparers who have to wear those **** plastic gloves.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #24
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
Most everyone thinks they're "particular 'bout cleanliness"- even the people who fish pickles out of the jar with their fingers, take cold cuts off of serving platters without use of a serving fork and handle all the bread in a bread basket.

Gotta sympathize though with those food preparers who have to wear those **** plastic gloves.

We met a couple and decided to go out to dinner with them. At the end of the dinner, at the counter, the fella picked up a mint with the tongs and proceeded to sluck it into his mouth from the tongs. Oh that was bad.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #25
Master Chef

charlie, i'm an insider, yeah, so i get to see who's who & i can choose clean restaurants to dine at. it's not like like i get jobs at burger king. more like fancy french bistros. they may not be exempt, of course, though they're usually rather clean.
& i cannot bring to mind a time when i've not properly applied the use of tongs, or other utensils, in my own kitchen or elsewhere. it just easier that way, & keeps you from grubby stickies on yourself.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #26
Master Chef

Anyone ever watch Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares? It's not just KFC or other fast-food restaurants - poor kitchen practices can be found in upscale joints, too!