Is my frozen chicken ok to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm... I`m wondering now, the next time I get a dewar flask of liquid N2, I may just try putting some sealed chicken in it and see what takes place!

although I am somewhat concerned about the Formula involved?

does it work on a sliding scale where a lower temp can be the equiv of Age at a higher frozen temp? like F=ma F can remain constant by altering either M or A accordingly.

is there one for Temp and Time???

You remind me so much of Bill Nye the Science Guy.:)

Meaning no offense, I liked his show.

GB, I can understand why you will confidently eat a chicken that has sat in your own freezer for 10 years and I agree that's most probably safe. (I trust your judgment GB but I'll pass on dinner, LOL. See, there's this part of my brain that won't cooperate. Nothing to do with safety issues in this case too...) I can't even remember what I was doing 10 years ago when this chicken clucked its last cluck:-p
I think you may be misunderstanding me just a teensy bit. I never said I would serve 10 year old chicken. I never said I would eat 10 year old chicken. I wouldn't. I only was speaking from a safety standpoint. My only point is that eating chicken that has been properly stored for 10 years in the freezer will not, on its own, make you sick. Will it make for a delicious meal? Who knows, but I doubt it. Will it make you sick? Nope.

You remind me so much of Bill Nye the Science Guy.:)

Meaning no offense, I liked his show.

non taken, I`v never heard of the guy and can`t comment.
but Having said that, Yes Science is my Passion, I think it`s Gorgeous and Lovely and gives me the warm fuzzies when I think about it.:wub::heart::w00t2:

Thought I would let you all know that I cooked the chicken in question and it was fine. After thawing I checked it and it looked fine. I cooked by a new recipe that was very spicy (right now I can't remember the name)but anyway it was good. And the main thing was we didn't get sick afterward.:)Thanks for all your advice. Faye

Sometimes things just get covered up in our chest freezer and that is what happened with some chicken vacuum sealed in 2006. I know it has been frozen all this time so do you think it would be safe? I keep looking at it and wondering. I don't want to make us sick. These foodsavers do a wonderful job of sealing but is it enough? Faye

Don't eat it. When in doubt, throw it out. It's only chicken anyway. It's not steaks or Filet Mignon.

Back
Top Bottom