"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Food and Kitchen Safety

Old 11-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

sounds like solid advice. all my best for a successful and short recovery.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I'm so sorry to hear of your trouble. Ditto my well wishes for successful surgery and speedy recovery.

PS: your location says Upstate NY. Maybe there's a member or two here that's close by who can help. Have you checked our site map? Maybe PM the member if you find one. Good luck.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #13
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I really feel for you.

There have been some really good suggestions. I really like the suggestion to prepare and freeze meals ahead. You asked about potatoes. I know home made are best, but while you are recuperating you might want to try some of the store-bought mashed (we have Bob Evans brand and a store brand in our local stores--refrigerator section, not frozen). Kind of expensive, but they are good in a pinch, and they are often on sale.

Also, if you belong to a church or club or any other kind of group, as someone mentioned, people might be happy to volunteer to help out. I know that when someone in our church has a problem such as that, people sign up to prepare a meal and bring it to them on their assigned day.

This will also be a chance for your kids to put their skills to work. I'm sure they would love to help out.

I sure hope you recover fast. But don't push it and try to use your right arm too soon or it could end up taking longer.

Barbara