ISO info about health and safety regs in UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love to start a baking and cake decorating business from home in a couplke of years, but dont know where to start in getting my kitchen kitted up for the job. I have heard you need 2 sinks, but thats all i can find out. Do my counters need to be stainless steel? Do i need a dishwasher, what health and safty qualifications do i need?

Is there a list anywhere.... have tried google and FSA website, but found nothing!!

You will probably be able to get the information you need from either the Enviromental Health Office or the Food Safety Team (which appears to be a part of the EHO). I would suggest starting by calling the Warrington Borough Council - tel: 01925 443322
They should be able to tell you who you need to talk to - and they can help you obtain the information you need.

Michael is right - you need to speak to the local enviromental Health Officers - you should be able to get all the regs from them. Warrington Council should be able to get you the right number to contact.

The list is probably quite long and I think you may need to be licensed as a food business & and any food handlers have to have an appropriate qualification.

Two sinks is right - 1 is for dishes & food prep, the other is for washing hands. The whole area needs to be spotless which is why a lot of places have metal tops & cupboards.

Best bet is to talk to an environmental health officer and go from there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom