"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Food and Kitchen Safety

Old 06-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #151
Chef Extraordinaire

well i had an interesting one today. was making hummus. had everything in blender. made the mistake (i know better) of trying to scrap down the sides while it was running. you guessed, hummus all over the kitchen and even in my eye brows. put spatula down a bit far, it chewed up the spatula and flung bean paste everywhere. why do we do somethings that we know will end in disaster. lol

Old 06-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #152
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Someone had the video camera running right?

Old 06-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #153
Chef Extraordinaire

thank god i live alone. still have to get the step stool and get it off the ceiling. well at the very top of cupboard door anyway. waited til it dried out and came off easily.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #154
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

There is a good chance the hummus is good for your complexion...bean paste facial will be all the rage now!
Old 06-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #155
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
There is a good chance the hummus is good for your complexion...bean paste facial will be all the rage now!
you know , you may be right. however day before that took lid off popcorn off and that popped everywhere. it said to shake or stir, had in large dutch oven. now i don't know about you, but i don't know how to stir with the lid on.

i'm thinking i should stay out of kitchen for a while before i set myself on fire.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #156
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
you know , you may be right. however day before that took lid off popcorn off and that popped everywhere. it said to shake or stir, had in large dutch oven. now i don't know about you, but i don't know how to stir with the lid on.

i'm thinking i should stay out of kitchen for a while before i set myself on fire.
I have an old Revere Ware pan that my Mom had, it is lightweight enough to shake the pan, holds about three cups of popped popcorn. It's the only thing I use that pan for.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #157
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have an old Revere Ware pan that my Mom had, it is lightweight enough to shake the pan, holds about three cups of popped popcorn. It's the only thing I use that pan for.

i need the popcorn to be salt free and this is the only way to get it, unless i buy a hot air popper. i may just do that. would you believe i have no small pots and pans for stove top except for on anchor hocking small pan. i have many very large ones. all very heavy. i use the micro so much and the oven that all of mine are for that purpose. mostly the white onces from corning.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #158
Cook

Is cutting your finger with a knife can be considered a kitchen disaster? I experienced that a lot of times before I totally learn.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:33 AM   #159
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
i need the popcorn to be salt free and this is the only way to get it, unless i buy a hot air popper. i may just do that. would you believe i have no small pots and pans for stove top except for on anchor hocking small pan. i have many very large ones. all very heavy. i use the micro so much and the oven that all of mine are for that purpose. mostly the white onces from corning.
Sometimes you can find a decent stainless steel frying pan with a lid at a thrift store, just make sure it is not non-stick. This allows you to control salt, amount and fat in the popcorn. The lighter SS pan will allow you to shake the pan and it will stand up to the heat. I found a graniteware pot that works, too for larger amounts. That being said, I really do not like popcorn, but DH loves it.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:25 AM   #160
Head Chef

Quote:

Google Whirly Pop, they make a nice popcorn pan.