No Touch Soap Dispenser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, okay, but I'm not convinced that won't help breed alcohol resistant bacteria.

They won't help breed alcohol resistant bacteria. A bacterium is either eradicated by alcohol or not.

Personally, I like using a bleach solution.

:ROFLMAO: I'd have lots of bags full of germy nickels.:ROFLMAO: Spending all of them on lotion to keep my hands from falling off.

I hear ya, I wash my hands so many times, every time I wait on a customer, wash hands, touch my face, wash hands etc..

My hands were cracking and I bought some of this stuff, and it works really well, just a tiny amount before I go to bed and my hands were almost healed in 3 days.

Amazon.com: O'Keeffe's Working Hands Cream, 3.4 oz.: Home Improvement

51eq-iGSPKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I got mine at bed bath and beyond.

I worked as the equivalent of a nursing assistant in Denmark. I got into fights with the RNs at the nursing home/convalescent hospital I worked at here, as a nurse's aid. I was taught to wash my hands with cool or lukewarm water, so I wouldn't dry out my skin unnecessarily and create places for germs to hide on my hands. Then to use a paper towel to turn off the taps, to prevent recontaminating my hands. I was scolded for not wash my hands in hot water, by RNs who touched the dirty taps with their hands when they were finished washing in scalding hot water. I kept trying to explain that you are trying to get the germs off your hands, not kill them. You can't use water on your hands that is hot enough to kill germs and the stuff coming out of the tap isn't hot enough to kill germs anyway. <end rant>

I worked as the equivalent of a nursing assistant in Denmark. I got into fights with the RNs at the nursing home/convalescent hospital I worked at here, as a nurse's aid. I was taught to wash my hands with cool or lukewarm water, so I wouldn't dry out my skin unnecessarily and create places for germs to hide on my hands. Then to use a paper towel to turn off the taps, to prevent recontaminating my hands. I was scolded for not wash my hands in hot water, by RNs who touched the dirty taps with their hands when they were finished washing in scalding hot water. I kept trying to explain that you are trying to get the germs off your hands, not kill them. You can't use water on your hands that is hot enough to kill germs and the stuff coming out of the tap isn't hot enough to kill germs anyway. <end rant>

Gosh! Someone who understands that concept! Yes, handwashing is a mechanical mechanism to get the germs off. The temperature of the water has nothing to do with it. Soap helps pick them up and the water washes them away.

This is what I use for dry hands, no sting, no smell and your hands heal fast!

Attachments

• borage-original.jpg
    borage-original.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 167
Gosh! Someone who understands that concept! Yes, handwashing is a mechanical mechanism to get the germs off. The temperature of the water has nothing to do with it. Soap helps pick them up and the water washes them away.

This is what I use for dry hands, no sting, no smell and your hands heal fast!
They actually did a study in Denmark. Washing with hot water is bad for your skin and makes it rough. That leaves crevices where germs get caught. People who regularly wash with hot water actually have more germs left on their hands after hand washing than those who regularly use a comfortable temperature. Another case of Mother Nature using pain to give you good information.

They actually did a study in Denmark. Washing with hot water is bad for your skin and makes it rough. That leaves crevices where germs get caught. People who regularly wash with hot water actually have more germs left on their hands after hand washing than those who regularly use a comfortable temperature. Another case of Mother Nature using pain to give you good information.

Exactly! Really the only time I have problems with cracking skin now are when I have to wear gloves for an extended period of time. And that's my own sweat causing the irritation!

I hear ya, I wash my hands so many times, every time I wait on a customer, wash hands, touch my face, wash hands etc..

My hands were cracking and I bought some of this stuff, and it works really well, just a tiny amount before I go to bed and my hands were almost healed in 3 days.

Amazon.com: O'Keeffe's Working Hands Cream, 3.4 oz.: Home Improvement

51eq-iGSPKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I got mine at bed bath and beyond.

O'Keeffe's is the best I've found. They make a version for feet, but so far as I can tell, it's the same stuff in a different can.

Do any of you have the "No Touch Soap Dispenser?" I have one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom along with a roll of paper towels. I just finished preparing all my meats for the freezer with my food saver. Called for a lot of hand washing. Touch the meat, wash the hands. Touch the FS, seal the meat, wash the hands. Then when I was all through, I have a canister of hospital strength antiseptic wipes. Everything got wiped down again. I also had hospital rubber gloves on to do the clean up. But I would have been lost with out the soap dispenser.

After my bout with the Norovirus, I am not taking any chances. I had the no hands dispenser long before the virus hit me. I also got the antibacterial soap for it. I don't think even a minute cold germ would dare to come in here. No, I am not fanatical about keeping everything clean. Just when I am handling raw meat. And in the bathroom. I am too old to risk catching something now.

I love the No Hands Soap Dispenser. And besides, even visitors are fascinated with it and are more willing to wash their hand just for the chance to play with it. Mine ding dongs when it dispenses. :)

Oh boy!! New toy!!!!!!!!! something new to shop for!!!!!!!!!

I know people who swear by this for chapped hands:

can2_22.jpg

Oh boy, another thing to shop for!!! WHEEEEEE!!

If we keep this up, the shipping costs will go down !

i still need a new small white toaster oven. It must be small. Any recommendations??

Last edited:
I am interested in knowing if the Mrs O'Keefe's and the Bag Balm sting when applied to chaffed, chapped hands.

Nothing like having your hands sting while slipping gloves on.

For me the O'Keeffe's was one of the few things that didn't sting when applied to my cracked hands. It kind of felt like I was rubbing shortening on my hands. To look at my hands, you would think that I had never done a day's work in my life, LOL. I had a co-worker say that to me the other day.

I am interested in knowing if the Mrs O'Keefe's and the Bag Balm sting when applied to chaffed, chapped hands.

Nothing like having your hands sting while slipping gloves on.
I don't know. But, I suspect that the Bag Balm doesn't sting. I don't think the cows would put up with having it put on their udders if it did. ;)

Everyone knows the trick of putting lotion on your hands before bed and then a pair of gloves, right eh?

Not vinyl gloves so you can keep working...those things are HOT!

I picked the Shikai Lotion by using three testers in the store and it was one. It didn't sting AND it reduced the redness in the time it took me to wander the store, about 45 minutes. At that time, my hands were so chapped they were bleeding.

I picked the Shikai Lotion by using three testers in the store and it was one. It didn't sting AND it reduced the redness in the time it took me to wander the store, about 45 minutes. At that time, my hands were so chapped they were bleeding.
No, not vinyl gloves, cotton gloves. It works with feet too, just use cotton socks.

PrincessFiona60 said:

My hands get to bleeding when they get chapped, and they are always on fire. The soap we use at work is kind of harsh, and I end up washing my hands about 30 or more times a day. It was great finding something that worked for me.

My hands get to bleeding when they get chapped, and they are always on fire. The soap we use at work is kind of harsh, and I end up washing my hands about 30 or more times a day. It was great finding something that worked for me.

Grapeseed oil is as beneficial as Borage oil. I've been using a bottle of grapeseed (cheaper than Borage) as a facial, too! It's really helped the "old lady" dry skin...:rolleyes:

It is nice finding things that work.:)

Back
Top Bottom