Oh oh, I accidently ate undercooked frozen tamales. Am I going to be okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

undercooked

Assistant Cook
Hi, I'm sorry for the bothering, but I'm kindda worried.
I accidently eat undercooked froozen tamales. Am I going to be okay?

I bought a box of froozen tamales. On the box it said 'cook thoroughly', and cooking instruction told me to microwave it or steam it.

Welp, I came home from work sooo hungry. In a hurry I put it in the oven toaster, oven heat it up and eat it.
It was really hot, and the tamales corn was kindda hard due to in the oven. But other than that I don't see how can it still be completely raw, so I think I eat it undercooked.

I'm going to be okay right? Please tell me I'm gonna be okay, I'm kindda freaking out right now.
This is the froozen tamales box that I bought. I don't think it completely raw. I'm going to be okay right?

Tamales.jpg

Last edited:
No one will know for sure. The food may or may not have been contaminated by nasties. We don't know if the filling was raw or cooked in the tamale. Raw food isn't automatically contaminated.

No one will know for sure, because if it was bad, you are probably already dead.

Seriously, the filling in a tamale is already cooked when they are assembled. You could safely defrost them and eat them uncooked. All food manufacturers put that "warning" label on their products, even if the stuff doesn't need to be cooked, such as the filling in an apple pie. It's called CYOA.

Thank you so much for the replies. I mean I'm still alive typing this. But I'm still kindda worried. I was so hungry, and I got careless.

What I'm worried is I didn't follow the cooking instruction. It said microwave or steam. But I didn't listen.
Instead I put it in the oven toaster heat it up. It was hot, and the tamales corn was kindda hard due to in the oven.
I don't think it still completely raw if it oven hot and the corn is hard. At most is I eat it undercooked.

The first 3 tamales I put in the toaster oven, it was hot but the corn was hard.
The last 3 tamales I microwave it. And the corn was soft and moist. I guess that is why the instruction microwave it. The corn was definately soft and moist from the microwave.
The oven make the corn hard.

I'm kindda scare. If I got food poisoning, I would know in 48 hours right?

The label did say don't oven. It told me to microwave or steam.
ugh.. and there I oven toaster it, arg! It my fault because I didn't follow the cooking instruction on the box.

Last edited:
You are a goner, do you have you things in order, I'd prepare as fast as possible, while you still can. ;):LOL:\

I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't worry about. :)

Thank you so much for the replies. I mean I'm still alive typing this. But I'm still kindda worried. I was so hungry, and I got careless.

What I'm worried is I didn't follow the cooking instruction. It said microwave or steam. But I didn't listen.
Instead I put it in the oven toaster heat it up. It was hot, and the tamales corn was kindda hard due to in the oven.
I don't think it still completely raw if it oven hot and the corn is hard. At most is I eat it undercooked.

The first 3 tamales I put in the toaster oven, it was hot but the corn was hard.
The last 3 tamales I microwave it. And the corn was soft and moist. I guess that is why the instruction microwave it. The corn was definately soft and moist from the microwave.
The oven make the corn hard.

I'm kindda scare. If I got food poisoning, I would know in 48 hours right?

The label did say don't oven. It told me to microwave or steam.
ugh.. and there I oven toaster it, arg! It my fault because I didn't follow the cooking instruction on the box.

My thoughts are that if there is any chance of you dying from eating prepared undercooked foods vended in the US, it would be from the stress created from worrying about dying from undercooking.

Most probably the cooking instructions have to do with taste rather than safety.

:LOL:
You are a goner, do you have you things in order, I'd prepare as fast as possible, while you still can. ;):LOL:\

I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't worry about. :)

Dang you beat me to it. I was gonna say prepare your will and prepay for the service. :ROFLMAO:

My thought was if you have some real tough teeth, you could have eaten them right out of the freezer and still be safe. They are all fully cooked before being packaged. :angel:

Welcome to DC. As you can see there is a lot of humor and fun here. Stick around and have some fun. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom