Refrigerate Cranberry Sauce Muffins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoogirl

Assistant Cook
Today I made muffins consisting of bran, ww flour, oatmeal, molasses, slivered almonds and the other needed ingredients. I added about two teaspoons of cranberry sauce to the center of each. I usually don't refrigerate these when I add nuts and raisins but am uncertain about these?

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Beth :)

I'd cover them and keep them out. Muffins that good sounding aren't going to be sitting around for long :pig::ROFLMAO:

Welcome to DC. Your muffins sound fantastic. We have lots of fine bakers here. You'll love it.

Today I made muffins consisting of bran, ww flour, oatmeal, molasses, slivered almonds and the other needed ingredients. I added about two teaspoons of cranberry sauce to the center of each. I usually don't refrigerate these when I add nuts and raisins but am uncertain about these?

I'd refrigerate them Zoogirl, but then I refrigerate anything baked. I figure it can't hurt to do that, and you can always nuke them a few seconds to bring them back to room temp, or warmer.
They sound delicious, and welcome to DC!

Last edited:

The quick answer is no need to refrigerate.

The longer answer: The PH of cranberry sauce is 2.3 or about the same as lemon juice. In addition, the water activity ( the availability of water to microorganisms.) is low. No pathogenic organism can live in that even if they survived the 400 degree cooking temp, which they won't.
Microbiology of Food | Food Processing Entrepreneurs | Aggie Horticulture

Most folks prefer the short answer :ROFLMAO:

Thanks so much y'all! This morning there was only one left (in a covered container on the counter) and it was getting pretty moist, so I froze it. Hey, I love the short and long answers! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom