Refrigerate homemade biscuits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They might freeze and eventually be hard to bite if you refrigerate them. Why not store it in a vacuum sealer bag instead? and store it in a normal room temp?

No need to refrigerate. Biscuits are essentially like bread. Some very dense breads have a high enough water activity that refrigeration is necessary. Biscuits will mold after 3 days or so at room temp so refrigeration may extend their life a little.

Personally, biscuits never last 24 hours in my house.

I just leave mine covered on the counter. If they get a bit stale, cut in half, butter, and toast in your toaster oven YUM!!!!

I just made these biscuits:

YouTube - How To Make Biscuits

which include buttermilk. I'm not sure how to store them. I was thinking a plastic bag on the counter top, but should I refrigerate them since they were made with dairy?

It depends on how people prefer to eat biscuits. Some like it cold some like it the way biscuit is bought from the store. Why not try to refrigerate some? :)

Well for me, I just place it in a container and put it in a normal temperature. I haven't tried to refrigerate some biscuits. Are vacuum sealers okay for them too?

Back
Top Bottom