"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Food and Kitchen Safety

Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Congrats Debbie on your up and coming marriage I think the butter is just fine, and I think you made the right choice with discarding your meats, better safe than sorry.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:05 AM   #12
Executive Chef

We lost 2 freezers full of food when my gd was living here. She had got ice cream once and didn't close the door and another time she turned off the switch to everything in the garage. After that I told her to eat only from the freezer in the house and leave the switches alone that she didn't know about. Both times we were gone and didn't discover it until we saw a mess in the front.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:14 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
.A good way to check the meat is hold it against your cheeks. if it still feels really cool it's ok but go ahead and cook it ,freeze and use it in something else later
i'm not sure what kind of weird food yous eat in new mexico, but i ain't eating anything that i have to use my butt as a test...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
i'm not sure what kind of weird food yous eat in new mexico, but i ain't eating anything that i have to use my butt as a test...
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness you made me laugh out loud on that one.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:53 AM   #15
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
:in my best Deniro voice:

You...you're good you!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Just checked my karma Bucky what was that comment! I meant my face cheeks.You are a smarty pants and you are well deserved for a good spanking Im sure you are due for more than one so the question is.Do you want one at a time or all the accrued at once. Your choice
Old 09-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #17
Executive Chef

btw, those butterbells are great! butter is fresh, spreadable, and keeps without going rancid for a month!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #18
Senior Cook

That really sucks... But seems to me since the food was freshly purchased and in package, you could have maybe just cooked it all at once and avoided wasting it?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:24 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

lurker surfing again.

during the hurricane last fall, i stayed over a friend's house to help clean up and cook things when they had no power. i noticed that the butter was just fine after 5 or 6 days left out on the counter in a butter dish.

more recently, when i visited them again, they still had a butter dish (presumably with newer butter, lol) on the counter. i asked them if they do that often, and they replied that they store butter in the fridge, but always leave a stick out in the dish for immediate use.

it certainly makes it easier to spread. and sort of tastier, much like room temp chocolate tastes better than cold chocolate. (although, there is no bad chocolate)

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

LOl @ lurker surfing...I thought I was the only one that reads stuff from the basement.. errrr... i mean the archives.
BTW...you ever hear from Harry these days? Last I heard he was recovering from surgery.

Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote